Talk

Advanced search

What puds do you plan on serving?

(22 Posts)
cjt110 Thu 17-Dec-15 14:12:08

There's me, Dh and DS(16m) on Christmas Day then on Boxing Day, us three plus my parents. What puds are you serving?

There's 10 of us. I'm going to put out stollen, chocolate trifle, the gingerbread house and biscuits, buffet style.

macnab Thu 17-Dec-15 16:25:13

Trifle, lemon meringue roulade and a crunchie & toblerone cheesecake fsmile

CremeEggThief Thu 17-Dec-15 16:27:11

Sherry trifle from Sainsburys.

AlohaMama Thu 17-Dec-15 16:29:17

Over the course of C eve, Cday and boxing day, cranberry and clementine meringue wreath, lemon and orange posset, chocolate orange cheesecake, christmad pud, fruit salad.

MummyPig24 Thu 17-Dec-15 16:47:38

On Christmas day it's us 5 plus my dad and brother. I've got a Christmas pudding and I'm going to make an ice cream Bombe.

SheSellsSanctuary Thu 17-Dec-15 17:38:27

Christmas pudding, fruit salad and ice cream blush
I feel inadequate compared with all the amazing things the rest of you are making!!

SusannahD Thu 17-Dec-15 17:42:53

Blackforest gateau, strawberry cheesecake. Will also have a chocolate cake which can be eaten over the Christmas period can't bloody wait!

Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Thu 17-Dec-15 17:44:40

Ris alamande for Danish dinner on 24th and Christmas our for English dinner on 25th. Plus I've made a boozy Christmas cake which will get eaten either with numerous cups of tea or with cheese!

Gatekeeper Thu 17-Dec-15 17:46:03

Christmas cake, sherry trifle, Christmads pud and boozy cream, home made ice cream with baileys <knock-off> over the top

ShesAStar Thu 17-Dec-15 17:57:15

We will have Christmas Pud, mince pies and Chocolate Yule Log. We are trying a chocolate tiffin cake this weekend that we might get another of for Boxing Day if it's any good.

missmargot Thu 17-Dec-15 18:32:39

Christmas pudding, Nigella's Christmas spiced chocolate cake and a panettone bread and butter pudding plus mini mincemeat donuts and puff pastry mince pies as vehicles for brandy butter for grazing.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 17-Dec-15 18:36:12

Over a period of days:

24th: apple pie, baked toffee pecan cheesecake (it's a Waitrose recipe for White Chocolate Baileys cheesecake but I add the toffee and nuts)

25th: Christmas pudding

26th : trifle (if they're enough room in the fridge I'll make it on late Christmas night), sticky toffee puddings

27th: steamed syrup pudding

Most can be made a day or so ahead or at least prepared a bit

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Thu 17-Dec-15 18:51:47

something from M and s

imwithspud Thu 17-Dec-15 18:56:06

I'm going to attempt to make a chocolate Yule log hopefully. If I don't get around to it then I'll just buy one. Possibly served with mint choc chip ice cream if my dp gets around to making it.

mapmyface Thu 17-Dec-15 19:03:45

There's 10 of us, serving Christmas pudding and marks' melting chocolate orange pudding

mrsdavegrohl Thu 17-Dec-15 19:26:04

10 of us having salted caramel ice cream sundaes, can't wait! DH is making the salted caramel sauce plus will have vanilla ice cream, meringue, crumbled tablet and spray cream.
I have mince pies and a small christmas cake bar although they are not favourites for us mainly for ils.

MrsMillions Thu 17-Dec-15 19:56:53

DM is bringing sticky toffee pudding. I'm making Tom Kerridge chocolate ale cake which tasted very Yule log like when I made it for DSis and BIL but less faff as no need to roll. Think those will be for 23rd/24th.

James Martin did a Xmas tree pavlova last week, going to serve that on Xmas day. Love a trifle but homemade and with DD2 just 2 months old I don't have the energy for the different stages.

Have ice cream in freezer (including home made coffee) and will have mince pies on hand.

SquadGoals Fri 18-Dec-15 09:48:58

DH and I are in charge of dessert for 15.

He's going to make a couple of pavlovas and I'm making chocolate brownies with a few tubs of ice cream. Probably make a fruit platter too.

Trying to work out if we should do something else. Leaning towards a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake if we do.

I'd love to make a traditional trifle but don't know how well it would go down. Plus I don't think PILs have a suitable bowl for it.

MugsLife Fri 18-Dec-15 12:21:03

I was planning chocolate apple betty and a bought christmas pud as options on christmas day. We are having a christmas eve tea/buffet I can whip and whenever needed, and I plan to make stollen, mince pies and triffle, but I've just realised I don't have a triffle bowl! First time hosting Christmas and finding the planning challenging!

ThisUserNameIsAlreadyTaken Fri 18-Dec-15 16:14:19

Christmas pudding
Salted caramel profiterole cake
Extra Profiteroles
Vanilla ice cream
Custard, cream and all that stuff too

We have 11 for dinner

anyoldname76 Sat 19-Dec-15 10:02:10

ill be making a trifle and ive bought a yule log, no one like christmas cake or pudding in our house

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now