Talk

Advanced search

Help me feel Christmassy!

(9 Posts)
cjt110 Thu 17-Dec-15 13:22:22

So with not many sleeps to go, I just don't have the Christmas feel. My birthday is 22nd December so by now Im usually bouncing off the wall. We have the tree up at home, pine scented candles, presents all wrapped and ready to be given, cards already given out...... And yet no. I don't feel christmassy at all!

Grumpyoldblonde Thu 17-Dec-15 13:31:17

Me neither, for personal reasons but also the weather, it is so mild it feels like spring is coming. I would and have been, listening to carols, watching Christmas films and testing the Baileys (just to make sure it is OK you understand and not gone off) I plan to go out tomorrow and buy some bits to donate to the food bank, I cant spare much but will get some selection boxes, nets of chocolate money and maybe some biscuits.

cjt110 Thu 17-Dec-15 14:11:03

fsad

kiwidreamer Thu 17-Dec-15 14:19:03

I had my nails done today, glossy sparkly red and its doing great things for my Christmas spirits!

Bake and decorate some gingerbread shapes, yum and perfect christmas smells

cjt110 Thu 17-Dec-15 14:38:30

I have been looking for a sparkly red nail varnish kiwi I think I have a glittery pink one at home that I could overlay with red... maybe do then red and green alternate or is that a bit 90s kid?)

I might do some baking too once DS is in bed and take them with us to ILs at the weekend

BiddyPop Thu 17-Dec-15 15:05:07

Maybe some nice Christmassy music?

I know there are often local Christmas radio stations for the season, full of the perennial "classics".

But I tend to listen to a few different online stations, which have a mix of choral, bluegrass, real classics (crooners), orchestral and other seasonal music. Try Live365 in the Seasonal section for a wide variety to suit your mood.

Any chance the DS would sit still to watch a Christmassy dvd with you, maybe snuggled up with popcorn and hot choc together on the couch?

I think it is late to get started this year because there is almost a whole week of work for a lot of people next week, and schools don't break up here until Tuesday.

schilke Thu 17-Dec-15 15:16:13

I'm with you, but way behind. No cards written. No presents wrapped. Kids break up tomorrow and I just can't be bothered with it all.

All I want for Christmas is some FROST! It's too warm.

duckbilled Thu 17-Dec-15 15:46:46

I made a gingerbread house today and burned a Christmas candle - feeling very festive now fsmile

GlomOfNit Thu 17-Dec-15 16:19:14

I think the weather has a lot to do with it, actually. Lots of people I know are saying they just don't have any Christmas mojo. Part of the season is a cosy snuggling in against the cold, fires, family, icy evenings ... when it's mild enough to go out in a cardi and just bloody rains all the time, it's very hard to feel seasonal and cosy. sad

I have almost nil Christmas feeling at the moment. DS2's birthday is at the weekend and I'm not even getting excited about that. sad Putting it down to a combination of shite weather, having a terrible cold and being too rushed these last few weeks. Oh, and my tree is dropping needles horribly and it's not Christmas for another week. Only put it up on sunday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now