Talk

Advanced search

Please share your Buffet food or Christmas day tea ideas

(7 Posts)
mamabluestar Thu 17-Dec-15 12:03:38

We will be having 5 children and 7 adults for Christmas tea (same people will be having lunch together at SIL's). I was going to host it as the dessert following lunch but my niece has asked for egg buns and hubby wants savoury bits. I've got a Tesco online slot booked for Wednesday - please hit me with your ideas!

allisbrightandshiney Thu 17-Dec-15 12:25:36

Savoury bits that go down well in our house Christmas are...

Chicken satay, bite size quiche, scotch eggs, cocktail sausages, cold meats, crusty bread's with olive oil, sausage rolls, kettle crisps, oven baked new potatoes (cut up small and seasoned), mini pies.

Zook Thu 17-Dec-15 12:27:18

Sausage rolls and quiche - I wasn't allowed either as a child so still see it as indulgent party food!

Or you could extend the dessert idea and make it a 'naice' cheeseboard/pate/cold meats alongside the desserts and folk can make their own combinations up according to how they feel.

Leeds2 Thu 17-Dec-15 12:27:47

Cheese board with huge selection of cheese, including a couple that you don't usually buy. And grapes.

ShabbyNat Thu 17-Dec-15 19:35:36

Brie & grapes together are fab, on there own , on a cracker or on bread

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 17-Dec-15 21:17:20

We always do a late night buffet on Christmas Eve.
This year I'm planning;

pork pie
sliced ham
eggo mayonnaise (I'll buy this)
coleslaw (white cabbage,carrot,onion, shredded mixed with sour cream dip and mayonnaise)
French bread
crisps
salsa

a baked brie or camebert
celery sticks and breadsticks

mince pies, Christmas Cake, chocolate wreath cake

some non alcohol mulled punch
coffee/tea

princessconsuelabannahammock Thu 17-Dec-15 22:15:25

Ours will be a roasted pepper and tomato soup with nice bread and a cheese board with crackers, grapes etc - also turkey sarnies, if there is any left (bought a crown this yr). Pudding will be leftover from lunch - i am making 3!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now