Talk

Advanced search

If you were home alone with DH on Boxing Day...

(10 Posts)
JemimaMuddleDuck Thu 17-Dec-15 10:42:59

What would you eat?

Will travel home in the morning then go for a nice walk in the woods then back for something to eat and loafing on the sofa.

Will have full on Christmas Dinner the day before at my Mum's so won't have any leftovers to use up.

Any ideas appreciated!

furrymuff Thu 17-Dec-15 11:15:41

Carpet picnic! Cheese, crackers, salami, ham, pickled onions etc - I never feel like eating on Boxing Day but we stick a good film on and just snack smile

LibidinousTurkey Thu 17-Dec-15 13:55:06

I would repair to my bed with a bottle of bubbly and a selection of M&S party food <classy>

Sadly the opportunity for such shenanigans has yet to present itself fhmm

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 17-Dec-15 14:07:42

My DH has to avoid dairy and eggs otherwise for me given the chance it would have to be American style pancakes with bacon. We do love pigs in blankets or things like smoked salmon on brown bread so probably snacky things and finger foods.

JemimaMuddleDuck Thu 17-Dec-15 14:18:42

Ooh yum! Yes, easy finger food stuff sounds good and easy.

Will go and have a browse in M&S or Waitrose...

FreeButtonBee Thu 17-Dec-15 14:22:08

God, oysters, steak, dauphinois potatoes, chocolate pud of some sort then the aforesaid bottle of champagne in bed. Not a hope round here with three under 3 <sobs><what happened to my life!>>>

missmargot Thu 17-Dec-15 18:29:57

Party food on the sofa all the way <jealous>

blueturtle6 Thu 17-Dec-15 21:41:00

Party food which cooks in trays so no hassle of washing up, prosecco and profiteroles for pudding.

WutheringFrights Thu 17-Dec-15 21:43:59

Nachos! Chicken, chorizo, peppers, onions, jalapenos, olives, melted cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa....I'm so hungry!

CharleyDavidson Thu 17-Dec-15 22:28:14

Lie in.

Leftovers! Either to make a Christmas dinner take 2 or just to make leftover sandwiches if we aren't that hungry.

Nibbles later as there's usually a range of festive treats that I've baked even though we aren't hosting at all on Christmas day this year. Am very much hoping Mum will give us a doggy bag of turkey for this purpose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now