Talk

Advanced search

Help! Not feeling it and loads to do/get still gentle butt kicking needed

(6 Posts)
Baconyum Thu 17-Dec-15 04:29:41

Been an awful year for all sorts of reasons can't wait to see back of it!

Xmas and daughters birthday next week. One present bought for her. Few other bits collected that's it!

Still need to get rest of presents and wrap, sort food (just dd and I), meal out for birthday...

In addition I've got a lousy bug great timing! So physically feeling awful too!

I do have a list but just haven't got the stuff bought. None of it hard to get particularly I don't think or can be subbed easily.

Just really really not in the mood. If it were just me I wouldn't bother at all.

KillashandraRee Thu 17-Dec-15 05:30:44

Oh baconyum sorry you're not feeling Christmassy. How are you feeling today, I've got a big too and it makes everything such hard work. Can you pop on some Christmas carols, sit with your phone/ laptop and slowly tick some things off your list? When I'm not motivated I force myself to work down a list methodically ticking each one. At least then I can see the mountain getting smaller which I find in itself is a little motivating. thanksbrewcake for you

KinkyDoritoWithJingleBellsOn Thu 17-Dec-15 06:21:55

Online. If you aren't anti-Amazon, get a prime free trial, order the lot through prime eligible delivery and get it tomorrow. Or, I think Argos is now doing same day delivery.

Path of least resistance 😃.

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 17-Dec-15 08:10:50

Know how you feel, we all been ill and dd's birthday is just after Christmas. I did a bit early but completely lost momentum and still have food and stuff to sort.

Definitely online, the prime trial is a great suggestion, or do click and collect from Argos/tesco and places like that.

Just focus on one thing at a time and knock a couple of jobs off I find whenever got lots to do I keep thinking about it all at once and never get anywhere - make a shopping list for food, make a phone call to book a restaurant. Then get clicking on the other stuff. Can you put some music on and reward yourself with a coffee and a mice pie when you've done a bit?

When I can't get going I always motivate myself with food and treats, like a puppy cake

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 17-Dec-15 08:11:53

*mince pie!

Mice pie, not much of a treat fgrin

Baconyum Thu 17-Dec-15 18:47:24

Mince pies are the one thing I have been doing!! Currently resisting the urge to open the Christmas rum early grin

Have booked daughters birthday meal. Luckily they had bookings left so at least that's sorted. Birthday cake sorted. Need to get on and get card ordered (I usually do moonpig or similar for something a bit different and because its murder getting birthday cards this time of year). Need to drag myself outta bed tomorrow morning to get main gift as she finishes school at lunchtime and need to wrap and hide it!!

I'll either feel better once I'm up and out or collapse in a heap in the shopping centre!

Amazon I normally love but so far everything I've checked is out of stock or can't be delivered before xmas! My own fault! sad so will have to do what I can in town. Couple things are Argos so will try and do click and collect.

Thanks for the kind thoughts all. Hot Toddy's wine and lemsip brew for everyone else that's sick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now