Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me find this book?

(11 Posts)
LillyBugg Wed 16-Dec-15 19:28:27

Someone really hard to buy for has actually asked for something specific which is great! BUT I can't find it. It's called 'Amazing Grace' and is about a Japanese Prisoner of War. I can only find a Kindle edition which is no good. It's for DH's Nan who is not tech savvy so whilst I could go down the route of installing the app on her never used tablet it's just not going to happen. Can anyone help?

VulcanWoman Wed 16-Dec-15 19:38:41

Would a book shop be able to order it for you? Or are the publishers still around I wonder.

clarabellap Wed 16-Dec-15 19:43:14

Do you know the author?

LillyBugg Wed 16-Dec-15 19:48:03

I think the author is Grace Brown. I'm actually worried it's not been published on paper! Is that possible?!

LillyBugg Wed 16-Dec-15 19:49:41

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B012BDRNA8?ie=UTF8&redirectFromSS=1&pc_redir=T1&noEncodingTag=1&fp=1

Raxacoricofallapatorius Wed 16-Dec-15 19:53:12

It's only available for £5.99 through amazon kindle.

There are lots of similar books.

LillyBugg Wed 16-Dec-15 21:39:03

raxa the first part of your answer is not what I wanted to hear! But yes lots of similar ones, where to begin?!

BlueStarsAtNight Thu 17-Dec-15 01:09:21

It seems you can get it in paper by contacting the authors son, doubt you'd get it by Christmas tho!

The paperback version of Amazing Grace is available for sale by contacting Mr Brown on brown@carlton-brown.eu. The ebook version is available through Amazon.

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 17-Dec-15 08:00:57

It says it is 43 pages long - could part of the gift be someone reading it to her from the app?

It is worth contacting the son and explaining he might be able to send you a printable PDF or the like.

munkisocks Thu 17-Dec-15 08:11:14

Only thing I can suggest is buy her an amazon voucher and show her how to buy it on her tablet.

LillyBugg Thu 17-Dec-15 08:48:39

Thanks bluestars it's got to be worth a try!

She is not the type to be read to unfortunately.

I'll have a think about showing her on her tablet. I'll need some patience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now