Talk

Advanced search

Personalising a Stocking - how?

(7 Posts)
Misty9 Wed 16-Dec-15 18:13:54

I've got two identical stockings for the dc and I swore this year I'd put their initials on the cuff. But how? I'm not remotely crafty...! It's a sort of felt material I think. or I could leave it another year given neither can actually read yet

revealall Wed 16-Dec-15 18:28:32

My mother still does me a stocking and makes it special every year by adding bits. It's different every year which is nice.

Some years she pins on a Christmas decoration to match the stocking.

Last year she put a beautiful green jet stone from some piece of jewellery on a piece of real ribbon. Looked amazing.

Can you add an inexpensive wooden initial or small toy. Otherwise you can get iron on stuff or fabric pens if you don't want the hassle every year.

RB68 Wed 16-Dec-15 18:38:04

yup iron on felt letters - try hobby craft or ebay to find them

RB68 Wed 16-Dec-15 18:38:33

or local crafty yarn or fabric shop

MincePiesTasteBetterHot Wed 16-Dec-15 19:23:32

I stitched felt initials onto my DC's stockings.

I went for a "rustic" look, with big stitches in contrasting thick thread - I wouldn't have been able to make it look neat anyway, so thought I would make it look as though it was purposefully untidy grin. I think the stitch I used is called blanket stitch, maybe.

SatsukiKusakabe Wed 16-Dec-15 20:07:32

I made a little pocket to attach to ours with an initial sewn on freehand with thread, the chocolate coins go in it. I'm not very crafty but it wasn't hard to do. I just secured it to the top collar of the stocking with a couple of stitches.

ontheginalready Wed 16-Dec-15 20:27:56

Do you have a local printing shop. Ours can knock up a personalised stocking in a day £5 with embroidery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now