Talk

Advanced search

A £20/30 something for 5yr old DD - I need inspriation please!

(12 Posts)
kiwidreamer Wed 16-Dec-15 18:01:49

She says she wants one of those password journals but I'm scared it will be crap and a waste of money, just need one more thing for her... any suggestions --so I can steal your ideas-- would be great!!

CasualJersey Wed 16-Dec-15 18:30:12

Lego
Barbie
Scooter (ozzbozz are cheap)
Baby Annabelle
Play doh machine
2 games (twister & operation are in DD6's pile)

Hope those help

Skala123 Wed 16-Dec-15 20:40:03

Sylvanian families?

MooseyMooDrapedInTinsel Wed 16-Dec-15 20:41:59

I just twitched and bought DD a nano hexbug set. Half price in The Entertainer.

Also has Little Live Pet bird, Aquarellum craft set, Djeco modelling clay set and Lego Frozen castle set.

Avebury Wed 16-Dec-15 20:44:07

My 6 year old likes her v tech secret diary.
Geomag, children's cook book and baking stuff, cinema voucher and a promise to take her to a movie and for cake afterwards? Motion sand? Build a bear voucher? A party dress/party shoes? One of those giant keyboard mats you run up and down? Mini table football? Cheap camera? Magic set? Gym ribbon? Gym mat?

SitsOnFence Wed 16-Dec-15 20:52:42

DD and DS asked for password journals last Christmas, they were 4 and 6 at the time. After some initial frustrations setting the password they were possibly the most played with toy over the whole Christmas/New Year period. By Easter the novelty has worn off a bit, but they still get played with on occasion. To be fair, I think the play value was increased by the fact that they both had one.

Other ideas that have been popular here (particularly with DD, who is the same age as your DD):
- Marble run
- Lego and/or k'nex (the big starter type boxes are more popular than kits in this house)
- Playmobil; particularly the swimming pool, camper van, pony farm and big plane
- CD player with karaoke style microphone
- barbie camper van
- disco light

Yellowaveo59 Wed 16-Dec-15 20:55:09

Walking talkies had great fun with our 5 year old niece last week

1122christy Thu 17-Dec-15 10:22:41

My 5year old is getting -
Little live pets turtle and tank
Little live pets owl and baby
Sylvanian family
Tamagotchi
Playmobil figures
Minecraft sword
Kinetic sand

Peanutbutterfingers Thu 17-Dec-15 12:45:08

Pie face game and can of squirty cream smile

hufflebottom Thu 17-Dec-15 13:07:47

Dd is getting playmobil and a tamagotchi for me really

FoxInABox Thu 17-Dec-15 14:07:16

B&m have the princess secret diary for £7.99 (in some stores still marked £12.99 but was scanning as £7.99)

DeltaZeta Thu 17-Dec-15 14:13:26

Most of the girls in my 5 year old DDs class seem to want a Puppy Surprise for Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now