Talk

Advanced search

GLTC Toy Kitchens

(8 Posts)
RaisingMissDaisy Wed 16-Dec-15 14:39:05

Hello everybody
My DD is getting this toy kitchen for Christmas and I am just wondering whether anyone has got one like this at home? Did it take long to assemble and is everything I need provided in the box? I do have screwdrivers.
Thank you in advance smile

MissRainbowBrite Wed 16-Dec-15 14:54:15

We have a similar looking Kidkraft one and like fools me and DP thought we'd crack it in hour on Christmas Eve after DD had gone to bed - how wrong were we! I would allow at least 2.5 to 3 hours and maybe a bit more if you are on your own. Good luck wine

RaisingMissDaisy Fri 18-Dec-15 12:08:59

Hi MissRainbowBrite
Sorry for disappearing like that. Thank you so much for replying, although that was not quite the answer I was hoping for :-). Thank you though, I have now been warned!

2plus1plusL1 Fri 18-Dec-15 12:13:22

Yes we had a similar kitchen and had left it to put up on Christmas Eve....took a long time - prob about 3.5 hours that we had planned on! DD did love it though!

2plus1plusL1 Fri 18-Dec-15 12:13:41

*hadn't planned on

GothicRainbow Fri 18-Dec-15 12:16:25

I've been telling DH that building the ikea kitchen we have for DS is not a job to be left for Christmas Eve. Will definitely be showing him this thread as he seems to think it will take no time at all!!

MissRainbowBrite Fri 18-Dec-15 12:51:20

Nooo, please don't leave it until Christmas Eve. We finished at about 11.30 then had to set about getting all the presents put under the tree which meant trips to the garage, loft, top of wardrobes, under the bed and wherever else they had hidden themselves. So much for a relaxed Christmas Eve!

GothicRainbow Tue 22-Dec-15 23:47:38

Just wanted to update. We built the IKEA kitchen tonight, took us nearly 2 hours in total and that was with no major issues. Definitely glad we didn't leave it until Christmas Eve!
It's currently against the wall in our living room with a big blanket thrown over it -I'm banking on my DS taking this in his stride in the morning and just ignoring it but I think this will be very unlikely!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now