Talk

Advanced search

Will a surprise laptop be obvious from the packaging when it is delivered?

(6 Posts)
missmargot Tue 15-Dec-15 22:27:19

I'm panicking tonight as originally I was due to work from home tomorrow and DH was supposed to be out all day but now it's the other way around and his Christmas present of a laptop should be arriving.

I'd like it to remain a surprise until Christmas Day, is it likely that it will be obvious from the outer packaging what it is, e.g. have HP Laptop emblazoned all over it or do laptops arrive in more low key packaging?

Very had the best deal on the machine but it is coming direct from the manufacturer so I doubt it will be in one of the bright pink bags.

How on earth can I explain away a laptop arriving addressed to me a week before Christmas?!

FrozenPonds Tue 15-Dec-15 22:51:44

I think it will be obvious.

We had one delivered by courier direct from the manufacturer (HP) and it came in a branded cardboard box.

whatdoIget Tue 15-Dec-15 22:55:35

Pretend it's a pizza delivery? Then have a pizza ready in the oven just in case

SwedishEdith Tue 15-Dec-15 23:03:15

Leave a note on the door for the delivery person to deliver next door? I doubt they'll read before knocking though.

missmargot Wed 16-Dec-15 07:04:48

Unfortunately we don't have a next door as we are very rural otherwise that might have worked.

If it just says HP and doesn't detail exactly what it is I can pretend work have sent me some IT equipment as I am home based thinks frantically

missmargot Wed 16-Dec-15 07:10:41

FrozenPonds I don't suppose you can remember which courier they used can you? DH has just announced he's out for a few hours this afternoon which is when most of our couriers arrive so fingers crossed he misses it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now