Talk

Advanced search

Gifts (bit silly) for the 12 days of Christmas, but need some help

(6 Posts)
wakesandquakes Tue 15-Dec-15 21:47:50

I'm trying to think of ideas for something for my parents, (in addition to an actual present), with something to open for the 12 days of Christmas (starting Christmas Day). I have some ideas, but need some help with some of the days.

It's supposed to be light hearted (not serious) so am prepared to think laterally...

1st day: tin of pears (poss partridge pate if it exists)
2nd day: 2 bars Dove soap
3rd day: 3 French hens - ANY IDEAS????
4th day: Phone top up card - calling birds.....
5th day: Tin of pineapple rings
6th day: Egg box of chocolate eggs (I've seen them somewhere but can't remember where)
7th day: 7 boxes of Swan Vesta matches
8th day: milk bottle sweets ANY IDEAS FOR ANYTHING BETTER?
9th day: ladies dancing ANY IDEAS AT ALL?
10th day: lords a leaping NO IDEA
11th day: 11 x liquorise pipes OR ANYTHING ELSE?
12th day: drummers drumming NO IDEA

So it starts well, but then I rapidly run out of steam and ideas, especially as (if I keep to the theme) I'm going to need lots of whatever I choose.

So nice idea, or rubbish idea (or more accurately, half-baked idea).

Any ideas or inspiration to fill the gaps gratefully received. Am off to wrap up actual real presents and not waste endless time on whims and fantasy of thought. Over to you.......

Shakey15000 Tue 15-Dec-15 21:55:14

Day 12, I'm sure I've seen little drum tree decorations somewhere? Maybe somewhere like poundland, Matalan et al

Shakey15000 Tue 15-Dec-15 21:57:32

What's your budget situation btw? Because for day 9 or 10 is it feasible to buy, say, tickets for Lord of the Dance? Or similar show with "ladies dancing"? Or is that not something they'd enjoy?

RideEmCowgirl Tue 15-Dec-15 23:27:11

www.zazzle.co.uk/french+hen+gifts

RideEmCowgirl Tue 15-Dec-15 23:28:20

christmas.lovetoknow.com/Gift_Ideas_for_The_Twelve_Days_of_Christmas

wakesandquakes Wed 16-Dec-15 20:21:33

Shakey - I was looking to keep it quirky and low key (but suitably not serious), so not really looking to go overboard on cost. Having said that, Mum is always up for an outing, but not sure the dancing thing would be Dad's cup of tea.
RideEm - The wonders of Mumsnet to guide to others who have already done the thinking - not what you know, but who you know - thank you...

Am thinking now that the revolting pink and yellow drumstick sweets might do for day 12 (and the kids will eat them anyway as grandparents teeth won't be able to cope).

Maybe for Ladies dancing a Moulin Rouge teatowel. Dad probably wouldn't mind seeing them...

As you can tell I'm going for the glamour (mixed with a lot of cheap practicality) option.

Will keep pondering....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now