Talk

Advanced search

Little Live animals ?

(9 Posts)
BeaLola Tue 15-Dec-15 15:13:53

friends 8 year old was gong on & on about wanting these for Xmas . I had no idea what she was talking about so I looked them up.

Q - are they a girl thing or would DS like ?
Q - do they drive Parents nuts or are they just "tat"

all experiences welcome !

KatyN Tue 15-Dec-15 19:07:07

My son has a budgie an adores it. The first day or so it drove me scatty but now I'm quite find of the little chirper!
He is only 4 though.(my son not the budgie)

kiwidreamer Tue 15-Dec-15 19:18:44

DD is 4.5yrs loves her butterfly, it doesn't do much really but she's smitten with it.

Lovelydiscusfish Tue 15-Dec-15 22:11:41

The budgies are quite cool. Dd played with hers a lot when she first got it, and still sometimes now. Dh and I found it quite amusing as well. She's 3.5. I can't see any reason at all why boys wouldn't like them too.

Geepee71 Tue 15-Dec-15 22:28:13

I've picked up a few from Smyths, they were reduced to about £5. All different colours, think they would appeal to both boys and girls.

Thecatknowsshesboss Tue 15-Dec-15 22:32:48

We've the budgie, turtle and the butterfly is arriving with Father Christmas. The budgie is amusing repeating words back, turtle makes a very annoying noise and I suspect the butterfly doesn't do a lot. However DD loves them and does play with them though mostly the budgie.

m0therofdragons Tue 15-Dec-15 22:36:03

My dds are 4 and 7 and they love the butterflies and birds. They're getting the mice/hamster for Christmas. They play with the birds all the time.

pinkandsparklytoo Wed 16-Dec-15 01:40:21

Ds has about 5 of the budgies and is getting the turtle and Clever Keet for his birthday / Christmas. He loves them.

blahblahblah2000 Wed 16-Dec-15 03:05:57

My son has the budgie, he is 6, and he loves it. It repeats everything he says (including fart noises 😳)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now