Talk

Advanced search

Grandparents

(10 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician81 Mon 14-Dec-15 17:02:50

What have you all bought for grandparents. I don't have any Grandparents on my side anymore. However, like most ladies I always end up sorting all the presents for DHs side of the family. Any ideas? They are in their late 80s. His grandma enjoys gardening but neither of them are in the best of health. No big hobbies. Tea drinkers. I don't want to spend a lot.

PunkAssMoFo Mon 14-Dec-15 17:17:10

Put together a hamper of goodies?

Or the usual jumpers/shawls etc

florentina1 Mon 14-Dec-15 17:23:46

Berts Bees or Crabtree and Evelyn do gardeners hand scrub and hand gel.

Hyacinths already planted in a pot.

Betty's of Yorkshire do 9 Fondant Fancies in a box.

Gold leaf leather gardening gloves.

Foot muff.

Forum and Mason do small tins of biscuits. They are divine and the small tins are good for storing half used packets biscuits.

Fortnums and Mason also do Lot of teas including ordinary breakfast tea. These come in a pretty caddy.

Selection of miniature whiskey or brandy.

Proper cotton Handkerchiefs.

Cric Mon 14-Dec-15 17:24:02

We get one grandma a subscription to Hello magazine, she loves looking at the pictures of the royals and fabulous dresses. One set always get an afternoon tea or M&S vouchers and the other gets a few books, writing set and old style sweets.

Cric Mon 14-Dec-15 17:25:26

What about those teapots and cup combination with a selection of different teas and biscuits?

VulcanWoman Mon 14-Dec-15 17:30:32

What about a miniature clock or a nice photo frame.

ExplodingCarrots Mon 14-Dec-15 17:31:06

I was in the same boat as you. In laws are my only GPs.

For Dgran - knit bag and yarn holder,
Scarf (anything from Bonmarche is a hit grin) and some pjs.

For Dgrandad - Nice red wine and a cheese and chutney set.

Also got some fancy chocolate and biscuits for them.

It's not much but they insisted they don't want/need anything.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Mon 14-Dec-15 17:36:16

Thank you so much for the replies some great ideas there.

ajandjjmum Mon 14-Dec-15 17:40:12

DD is making a photobook for my Mum - in her late 80's - with lots of photos taken over the year, mainly including her. As she is getting forgetful, we are hoping this will remind her of happy times.

recklessgran Mon 14-Dec-15 17:46:16

A gardening apron - my mum of a similar age has requested one. Has pockets so they can keep their bits and pieces handy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now