Breakfast on Christmas morning. What do you have?

(50 Posts)
Welliesandwings Mon 14-Dec-15 11:28:35

As a child it consisted of a selection box grin. I'd like to do something other than the usual toast but obviously with a large Christmas dinner looming I don't want a full English or spend too much time cooking it. What do you have?

OliviaDunham Mon 14-Dec-15 11:39:34

Bacon rolls or a full fry up, but we don't have our main meal until later in the day.

hownottofuckup Mon 14-Dec-15 11:43:24

I was going to do pain au chocolate and croissants, cereal selection boxes (always had those as a kid) but saw a recipe for a cinnamon tear and share bread I quite fancy so might do that. Or scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Or eggs benedict.
Chances are the DC will just eat the chocolate out of their selection boxes whatever I do grin

patterkiller Mon 14-Dec-15 12:04:41

Bacon sandwiches here

cashewnutty Mon 14-Dec-15 12:07:57

Bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Or scrambled egg and smoked salmon on toast.

Justmuddlingalong Mon 14-Dec-15 12:08:11

Baileys. blush

LibidinousTurkey Mon 14-Dec-15 12:10:03

Bacon sandwiches and Buck's Fizz. Surely there can be no other option can there?! fgrin

BornToFolk Mon 14-Dec-15 12:10:20

Nigella's Christmas Morning Muffins

I made them for the first time a couple of years ago and now DS insists on them every year.

GrouchyKiwi Mon 14-Dec-15 12:12:32

I like to do pastries and fresh fruit like melon, pineapple etc. Something light but delicious. With a lot of coffee.

Littleoddfeet Mon 14-Dec-15 12:15:28

Croissants, fruit salad, bucks fizz!! Maybe a few Xmas Tree shaped crumpets for the DC

Normally something along the lines of scrambled eggs, with smoked salmon or bacon for the meat eaters. We eat our Christmas dinner later in the day (3pm ish) so a good breakfast is needed!

snowypenguin Mon 14-Dec-15 12:17:46

Champagne, bacon rolls and chocolate.

FondantFancy66 Mon 14-Dec-15 12:22:25

Pancakes.

MackerelOfFact Mon 14-Dec-15 12:22:51

Usually nothing - we usually have some party nibbles available during the main unwrapping about 11ish, and then dinner at about 2-3pm. Kitchen is pretty much out of service as the oven and every pan is in use, if someone wants breakfast they can make some cereal or toast or have some chocolate.

My favourite 'treat' breakfast is usually eggs royale with some bubbles. Usually saved for New Year's Day or birthdays.

ExplodingCarrots Mon 14-Dec-15 12:23:09

Crumpets with lots of butter grin

MurlockedInTheCellarHelpUs Mon 14-Dec-15 12:26:04

Fizz, cinnamon buns (in a can, just whack them in the oven and your house smells amazing) and fruit salad.

rudolphatethemincepies Mon 14-Dec-15 12:46:04

Champagne cocktails, croissants and various muffins e.g Nigellas, pear & cinnamon, chocolate & chestnut.

weeblueberry Mon 14-Dec-15 12:50:05

Bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese. Always. DP has very few traditions but that's one of em.

vvviola Mon 14-Dec-15 12:53:20

Pancakes with fruit, cereal selection boxes and a few pastries. All delivered around the table on the Duplo train set. grin (DH did it as a surprise for the DC for the past few years as breakfast has been a big deal as we travelled for 2 hours after breakfast. Even though there is no travelling this year, DC have insisted that the train track is now tradition and cannot be omitted)

Dollybird99 Mon 14-Dec-15 12:53:35

Most of us are having bacon sandwiches, and a fruit platter (in the shape of a christmas tree), but for the OH - he wants a full fry up, so I'm going to do one for him... :-). Seeing as it's christmas!

CakeNinja Mon 14-Dec-15 12:53:46

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, bagels, fancy fruit salad and fruit juices. We eat at about 11 and have our main meal at 5.

VaJayJay Mon 14-Dec-15 12:56:51

Sausage butties with whole grain mustard and Bucks Fizz, it's the law fgrin

busymum17 Mon 14-Dec-15 13:26:02

We do a fruit platter with DC's favourite fruit and yoghurt and DD makes fresh cinnamon rolls.
We also have 'Christmas' hot chocolate (made with a lot of 'real' chocolate rather than powder)

Notso Mon 14-Dec-15 13:42:22

Usually we have bacon sandwiches or scrambled eggs and bacon and then don't eat dinner until 6 but this year I have relented and agreed to serve Christmas Lunch at DH's request so I'm just doing cinnamon buns for breakfast.

storminabuttercup Mon 14-Dec-15 14:11:37

Bacon, egg and cheese bagels here, I make the eggs into mini omelettes so they are like ones from a certain fast food outlet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now