Talk

Advanced search

what drinks to provide for the tea totallers?

(37 Posts)
ItsaTenfromSanta Mon 14-Dec-15 10:22:25

Have got a couple of parties at home this year. Just wondering what people drink who don't drink alcohol. Coke/lemonade/orangejuice/squash will be available but they all sound a bit ordinary.

Any ideas gratefully receivedsmile

PurpleDaisies Mon 14-Dec-15 10:25:32

Bottle green do some really nice drinks-I like their elderflower fizzy thing, their ginger beer and there's something with pomegranate which is lovely.

pregnantgrump Mon 14-Dec-15 10:27:00

Second elderflower cordial. Fentimans also does 'grown up' soft drinks.

PurpleDaisies Mon 14-Dec-15 10:27:51

I'd forgotten fentiman's. Their rose lemonade and raspberry lemonade drinks are amazing.

CleverPlansAndSecretTricks Mon 14-Dec-15 10:28:04

I make up a syrup to make mulled wine. (Water, sugar, spices, orange zest, orange juice) which I then keep in the fridge mix with the wine as needed to make mulled wine. Instant mulled wine every day as needed grin

Today DS asked for some so I mixed a little syrup with half a squeezed orange and fizzy water. It was lush, and very Christmassy.

PippaFawcett Mon 14-Dec-15 10:28:53

Elderflower presse for me please! Or the schloer (spl) stuff is actually very nice too.

princessconsuelabannahammock Mon 14-Dec-15 10:30:16

I like a glass of fizzy water with lime in it or green bottle lemon grass and ginger syrup.

Chelsea26 Mon 14-Dec-15 10:33:20

I made mulled apple juice for my pregnant SIL on Saturday night while we were having mulled cider.

LauraChant Mon 14-Dec-15 10:37:09

This is what I do, and will out me to anyone in my street who was round here yesterday grin

Pineapple juice
Orange juice
Ginger ale
Sparkling mineral water
Slices of orange
Cinnamon stick
Four cloves

All in a bowl with a ladle and cups next to it. It is yummy. The recipe says also juice of a lemon and some sugar but I omit those.

SugarMiceInTheRain Mon 14-Dec-15 10:40:44

Belvoir do some lovely ones, such as raspberry lemonade, elderflower presse, and a nice mulled winter fruit seasonal one. It's nice to have an option that isn't too sweet, as lots of the non-alcoholic drinks are very sugary. Other options are J20, Schloer, Ame, and some of the supermarkets do their own versions of schloer eg white grape spritzer etc. Thanks for thinking about the teetotallers, I've been to too many things where the only non alcoholic options are water or orange juice.

susurration Mon 14-Dec-15 12:56:23

I'd say Tea. For the tee totaller however, mulled apple juice is delicious. Had some at a wedding last weekend, it was divine.

balletgirlmum Mon 14-Dec-15 12:58:16

I perdonally like to drink pure orange & lemonade. But J20 & Shloer are good options too.

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Mon 14-Dec-15 13:00:11

San pellegrino cans are yummy. Would recommend buying Bottlegreen cordial and sparkling water rather than pre-mixed, then guests have the option of sparkling or still. Lots of ice and slices of citrus fruits and nice glasses so it feels a bit more of an occasion.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 14-Dec-15 13:02:30

Grenadine syrup is good for making juices and mixers look more festive.

SquadGoals Mon 14-Dec-15 20:08:22

Second the San Pellegrino cans, especially the Blood Orange.

I also love lime and soda - Rose's do other cordials like passionfruit which are inexpensive.

NashvilleQueen Mon 14-Dec-15 20:11:42

Do any of them like fake beer or wine? As opposed to juice or squash? Becks Blue is a nice refreshing drink if very cold. Or there's a Bavarian non alcoholic wheat beer.

M48294Y Mon 14-Dec-15 20:13:09

There was a thread on this subject yesterday. Hang on I'll go and find it ...

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 14-Dec-15 20:13:51

Fentimans Ginger Beer is gorgeous
And YY to soda and lime

I like a pineapple,lime,coconut smoothie with banana. Like a non alcohil Pina Colada smile

Unfairestofthemall Mon 14-Dec-15 20:15:45

J2o have just started making fizzy non alcoholic things too that are rather yummy smile
Maybe find some mocktail recipes?
Ask the people coming if there's anything they really like to have?

JeepersMcoy Mon 14-Dec-15 20:17:25

M&S does some good ones. They have some with champagne like corks so even those of us who don't drink alcohol can have the satisfaction of popping open a bottle. Ah, its the small things grin

M48294Y Mon 14-Dec-15 20:17:35

Here you go have a look

although perhaps ignore the very weirdly aggressive final post from LimitedPeriodOnly.

myotherusernameisbetter Mon 14-Dec-15 20:47:24

We like Appletise - the new ones with Pomegranate or Blackcurrant are really good too - having said that I'd be happy with coke or squash as a mostly non drinker.

Penguito Mon 14-Dec-15 20:56:44

Definately shloer! Doesn't feel like Christmas without it!

Enkopkaffetak Mon 14-Dec-15 21:03:51

Sparkling water and then some nice cordial Like Waitrose Elderflower cordial.

Mil (teetotal) likes Shloer but will also drink the Elderflower presse.

ItsaTenfromSanta Mon 14-Dec-15 21:13:08

Wow, thank you all, I never know there was such a variety availablesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now