Talk

Advanced search

Who would like to help me with my last few gifts to buy, please?

(32 Posts)

1) Dp - He likes polo shirts and I hate them, but I know that he would be v happy with a khaki or green one. Anybody seen one that isn't too expensive or offensive?! Also, any recommendations for gifts for runners that are easy to buy on the high street?

2) Army-loving 9 year old - about £15 to spend.

3) Nice, fitted plain white button up shirt for dd2, size 8, and not at all see through.

Thanks in hopeful anticipation!

SwedishEdith Sun 13-Dec-15 14:29:59

American Apparel Any good? Their stuff is good quality.

Thanks. That looks pretty inoffensive! Not sure if we have a men's one though, although I know there's a women's bit in Selfridges.

SwedishEdith Sun 13-Dec-15 14:37:04

They send it pretty quickly from, I think, LA.

Thanks - would prefer to avoid online, if at all possible.

AmyGal Sun 13-Dec-15 17:43:34

An army costume or a set of army figures for the 9 year old? Maybe an army book if not into toys?

AmyGal Sun 13-Dec-15 17:46:04

Or one of those build your own things, like tanks and jets etc.

SuperScribbler Sun 13-Dec-15 17:48:36

Camouflage netting for the army loving 9 yr old. My DS is 9 and has his pinned over his bed.

He has loads of figures, tanks, costumes etc and a net. I wondered about a mess tin and some really easy foods, like Mugshot pasta etc. Is that really naff?

RJnomore1 Sun 13-Dec-15 18:17:48

Running socks and energy gels any good?

Both perfect! Have bought both before but he'd be pleased with them!

ohtheholidays Sun 13-Dec-15 18:33:48

I've just got back from doing some Christmas shopping for my DH,M&S and Topman both had Polo shirts,green and khaki they were about £15 in one and £23 in another.M&S and Topman both had offers in store 30% off some mens items as well.

Brilliant. Thank you. smile

SuperScribbler Sun 13-Dec-15 19:21:08

After consulting DS he gave a big thumbs up for a mess tin, compass, water canteen, tin mug, or a headtorch.

Scribbler - fantastic. Will get a combination of those. Any ideas for foods to go with the mess tin?

SuperScribbler Sun 13-Dec-15 19:28:25

If you head for a camping/outdoors shop you can get sachets of camping food to heat in mess tins. DS and DH happily chow down on them. My pallet is rather more discerningwink

ink{http://www.millets.co.uk/equipment/116020-beyond-the-beaten-track-chilli-con-carne.html\www.millets.co.uk/equipment/116020-beyond-the-beaten-track-chilli-con-carne.htm]]l}

SuperScribbler Sun 13-Dec-15 19:32:20

Thinking about it DH is a runner and he also uses a headtorch in the winter for his evening runs.

Thank you. smile

Bumpinthenight Sun 13-Dec-15 19:46:40

The Look What We Found range is good for a meal. If you get a packet of microwaveable rice/pasta too he can make his own dinner!

Thank you - just looked and see that is on offer at Sainsbury's too. Sorted!

OSETmum Sun 13-Dec-15 20:55:38

Camo paint for the 9 year old definitely! (And baby lotion to remove it, that's what we used to use at Cadets)

TKMax usually have lots of polo shirts.

WoodleyPixie Sun 13-Dec-15 20:57:56

Crew clothing for polos. Really thick good quality cotton for £35.

I don't think we've got a Crew Clothing.

He's got camo paint - have bought it for him before.

Headtorch is a good idea.

OnHerMajestysSecretCervix Mon 14-Dec-15 00:58:38

A paracord survival bracelet for the 9yo?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now