Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nice diary for a man?

(6 Posts)
LibidinousTurkey Sun 13-Dec-15 00:26:20

My dearly beloved DH is terribly dyslexic but has, by sheer pigheadedness, made a successful life and career for himself.

Tonight we were talking and he mentioned yet again that he had always wanted to keep a diary. In the past he's always felt intimidated by the idea but his recent introduction to the iPad means he can find words so much more easily (Siri is his new bff!) and he clearly still harbours a dream to keep a diary.

So I thought I would like to buy him a private present (He would hate for it to be a big thing) of a nice diary and pen. That's where it all stopped because I am truly of the modern age and have no idea where I would buy a nice diary or pen fblush

KB2651 Sun 13-Dec-15 00:29:57

Moleskine do a good selection - they're on Amazon so you'd get relatively quick delivery too smile

Pens - what does he like to write with? Gel/ink/biro?

LibidinousTurkey Sun 13-Dec-15 09:35:27

Thank you KB, I'll take a look. As for pens he loves a nice pen and would probably really enjoy a nice fountain pen. Does the fact he's left handed make a difference to fountain pens (dim recollections of left handed childhood friend making a huge mess with a fountain pen)?

SquadGoals Sun 13-Dec-15 11:42:45

I'm left handed and sometimes have to use a fountain pen for work.

I find the thinner nibs easier to work with as well as faster drying ink so it doesn't smudge.

I can recommend Lamy pens as the ink drys super fast and they have a few different price ranges. Also easy to find in shops, on Amazon etc.

CheeseEloise1 Wed 16-Dec-15 23:24:56

I came across this company at a fair in July: www.plooms.co.uk/about-plooms.html
Luckily I was there with my mother in law who bought me a pen for Christmas. They were really nicely made and come in a variety of colours. Can't wait to open it. They have some masculine colours too.

Squishyeyeballs Thu 17-Dec-15 00:18:48

Moleskin do nice ones and also, filofax do a lovely range of A5s that you can buy different inserts for. They can be pricey but then again, they can be reused year on year with new inserts and are sooo versatile! I have a real leather zipped one and I absolutely LOVE it but then again, I am a stationery geek fblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now