Talk

Advanced search

4 lovely but SMALL presents for 19 year old dd.....

(45 Posts)
BertrandRussell Sat 12-Dec-15 22:59:52

We have a family tradition of 10 presents per child. No idea why- it just happened! I only have 6 for dd. Her main present is a lovely silver ring.(I'm very excited about it!) She also has a mini umbrella, a sample set of Yankee scented candles, some cashmere socks, a laptop sleeve and 2 books.I need 4 more things. They they need to be gorgeous but small so she can take them on the plane back to university. Budget- about £80. Ideas please????

PirateSmile Sat 12-Dec-15 23:03:30

Does she have long hair? If so, this?

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4366355.htm

Doublebubblebubble Sat 12-Dec-15 23:08:42

A pandora charm??

ontheginalready Sat 12-Dec-15 23:09:06

Beautiful notebook
Pyjamas
Make up palette
Scarf and hat
Slippers
Underwear
Perfume

MumOfGorgeousness Sat 12-Dec-15 23:11:22

Paper chase do some beautiful 2016 diaries.

MumOfGorgeousness Sat 12-Dec-15 23:11:49

Paper chase do some beautiful 2016 diaries.

ASmallHenInItsLateForties Sat 12-Dec-15 23:12:32

Ive got dd a decent set of makeup brushes and a pretty pot to keep them in.

Bath stuff
Floaty scarves
DVDs
Photo frame/artwork for her wall at uni
Chocolates

ilovemydoggy Sat 12-Dec-15 23:13:39

Benefit gift set, pyjamas, nice underwear, does she like the adult colouring books? A couple of those and some nice pencils.

Gruach Sat 12-Dec-15 23:32:03

One of these. Also from Amazon but can't trust the link to work.

A coffee bean subscription (length according to cost).

Some of this. (Although handcream would be more obvious.)

A proper nutmeg grater (M&S do them) and some nutmeg.

RalphSteadmansEye Sat 12-Dec-15 23:36:51

When I was 19 and at university I would have loved:

A lovely fountain pen
Perfume
A coffee shop gift voucher (except, obviously, coffee shops weren't really a thing 20 odd years ago)
Another book.

Or
Four more books grin

RalphSteadmansEye Sat 12-Dec-15 23:39:20

Ooh, no, I would have loved some leather gloves, perfume, fountain pen and a coffee shop voucher.

Or four books...

BertrandRussell Sat 12-Dec-15 23:48:20

I may have forgotten to mention- her birthday is the 21st. Her little brother has got her an amazing diary/journal (ask me if you want a link) and she is getting scent as well. I send her a book every couple of weeks, and we still do the magically appearing Chirstmas Eve pyjamas..........

Like the idea of a fountain pen, and some others on here. Keep them coming!

RalphSteadmansEye Sat 12-Dec-15 23:54:14

I love that you send her books regularly! Can you be my Mum (not that I need any...)?

My lovely MIL (to be, at the time - I wasn't married at university) used to give me a book voucher every time I saw her.

How about a magazine subscription to something arty or intellectual like Intelligent Life?

Catzpyjamas Sat 12-Dec-15 23:59:08

Grown up colouring book, set of pencils, eye shadow compact, gloves, scarf, purse...
Can I please get a link to the journal as I'm stuck for my niece?

CremeBrulee Sun 13-Dec-15 00:01:45

Christmas bath bombs? I gave ordered some special ones direct from Bomb Cosmetics for DD. There are various pre packed gift sets on Amazon too:

Bomb Cosmetics Winter Wonderland Gift Set

Luxury hand lotion like Laura Mercier Fresh Fig or Ambre Vanilla? A small tube won't break the budget but smells divine and is nice to carry in a college or work bag:

Ambre Vanilla Hand Cream

I have also bought one of these headband curler thingys for DD:

Aurora Band

BertrandRussell Sun 13-Dec-15 00:11:23

this is the journal. You can download free apps to print off inserts....
I have one and I love it. But it's definitely a grown up thing.

Catzpyjamas Sun 13-Dec-15 00:14:46

Thank you. That's gorgeous. It's a bit more than I'd spend (6 young adults to buy for) but has given me inspiration fsmile

Rpj16 Sun 13-Dec-15 00:18:57

Dior have some lovely Xmas makeup sets at the moment. They are expensive and can run out of stock, but they are lush! Would be about £50, so could be a main thing and spend £10 each on other stuff! (A nice bottle of red!!) Xx

BertrandRussell Sun 13-Dec-15 00:19:05

If you look on Etsy there are faux leather versions that are cheaper. And ass I said, there are lots of free downloads.

BertrandRussell Sun 13-Dec-15 00:28:38

Ralph- it's such fun to choose a book every couple of weeks that matches what's going on in her life. Such an easy way to keep in touch. grin

Oh2beatsea Sun 13-Dec-15 00:43:34

If you are on Facebook look up Buttonsy. She does some lovely but unusual jewellery.

DioneTheDiabolist Sun 13-Dec-15 01:27:45

Leather gloves. M&S have some for around £20. And, if you can knit, what about a scarf. You can get discounted scarf wool for a few quid.

MumOfGorgeousness Sun 13-Dec-15 09:08:15

Sending books - I vow to do this if my two children ever leave to study. Thank you for the idea. They are so young now but I won't be forgetting.

MumOfGorgeousness Sun 13-Dec-15 09:09:09

And yes to leather gloves. I had a beautiful pale pink pair when I was an older teen/early twenties and they lasted years. I absolutely adored them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now