Talk

Advanced search

How do your kids play with / store Playmobil??

(8 Posts)
kiwidreamer Sat 12-Dec-15 21:56:23

DD and DS are having a joint bundle of playmobil for Christmas, a car and caravan, camping set, pool and playground --desperate bid to give them something to play together that isn't DD being star wars'd to death--

I was toying with the idea of getting a cheap ikea coffee table for them to play on and a giant plastic bin for alllllll the bits to go in, one of the biggest issues I foresee is that the little figures don't stand up on the carpet!

youngestisapsycho Sat 12-Dec-15 21:59:23

DD has those white units from ikea that have sliding trays in them.... There is some Playmobil on them... But most of it is spread over the bedroom floor! Caravan, car, house, horses.... It's everywhere!

CrikeyChrisThatsCrazy Sun 13-Dec-15 00:12:16

Mine play with their Playmobil on the carpet, they store it in one of these www.hobbycraft.co.uk/curver-owl-storage-box-22-litre/606249-1000

They can carry the box into whichever room they're playing in, sometimes they set up on the dining table or their desks but mostly just on the carpet.

Stokey Sun 13-Dec-15 07:48:31

We have lots of multi-coloured Ikea boxes - I think they're called Drona - which have loose categories of toys in. One is full of playmobil. But within that we have a couple of sets that came with their own carry cases that are good for storing all the tiny fiddly bits. And yes they just drag the box into whatever room they're playing in and play on the floor, except the pool which is strictly outside!

parrotonmyshoulder Sun 13-Dec-15 08:20:34

I haven't quite got this organised to my satisfaction yet, but we're moving soon and I will then! But I'm amazed at how well DD (6) and DS (3) have managed to keep their Playmobil in good condition. They mostly have it in a huge plastic tub - swimming pool, airport and plane, camper and all associated tiny pieces. When they want to play, it just all comes out...and eventually finds its way back.

Fairy and princess Playmobil, however, is kept separately in different boxes, emblazoned with 'No DS' posters. She's happy to share most of her stuff! I imagine the dinosaur Playmobil for Christmas will be similarly protected.

BuildersBum Sun 13-Dec-15 19:10:29

Played with on a play table.

Big bits - buildings / vehicles stored built on shelves.
Smaller pieces in Ikea Samla tubs of various sizes, with teeny pieces in clear pencil cases in samla tubs, stored on shelves.

Everything kept together by theme.

attheendoftheday Sun 13-Dec-15 19:15:15

We have a big plastic box on a billy bookcase for larger items like the pool, camper van and fire engine, then a couple of trays in a trosfast set, one for modern playmobil and one for historical/fantasy stuff that have all the people, animals and other tiny bits.

Suzietwo Sun 13-Dec-15 19:16:59

Mine don't. I've tried in 4 or 5 times and it's never played with

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now