Talk

Advanced search

Help me solve this present issue

(7 Posts)
kiwidreamer Sat 12-Dec-15 21:36:31

We've got DD the MLP Canterlot Castle for Christmas but found out a few days ago SIL had ordered her the Summer Winter palace 3 story doll house from Argos, which has now been delivered... It looks pretty cool but I know she'll love the MLP castle more, there isn't room in her bedroom for both and we have a huge doll house downstairs that only gets played with when other kids visit!

Do we let DD open both castle and doll house on Xmas day and let her choose if she wants to keep doll house or exchange... Or send back MLP castle and buy her something else --God knows what tho-- Or open both and give option to keep new doll house and sell downstairs doll house (was second hand bargain) Or another option I've not thought of!

FeelingSmurfy Sat 12-Dec-15 21:52:54

Talk to your sister

If I was your sister I would rather know and come to a solution with you. If it wasn't too much trouble I would offer to swap what I got and ask you for a suggestion. I would be upset at giving neice a gift and her decide on the day that she doesn't want it, I would not be willing to do anything about it in those circumstances

PogoBob Sat 12-Dec-15 21:56:06

I'd get rid of downstairs dolls house and replace it with the one your sister has bought. The MLP castle can then go in her room.

kiwidreamer Sat 12-Dec-15 22:02:16

SIL is in Australia so there isn't anything that can be done from her end now, it's a fab gift it's just a bit of a double up for this Christmas unfortunately.

Cressandra Sat 12-Dec-15 23:38:28

Sell downstairs doll house.

Pobspits Sat 12-Dec-15 23:40:36

Sell downstairs dolls house but do it now before xmas

Pinkladymel Sun 13-Dec-15 01:44:01

You mention that your daughter doesn't really play with the dolls house. You also mentioned that you quite like the thing sil has purchased. Sounds like an easy decision to me, sell the dolls house on a local FB selling page and enjoy a fresh start with new toys for the new year smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now