Talk

Advanced search

Mince Pie Brownies recipe

(5 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Sat 12-Dec-15 15:58:27

I've had this notion in my head for a while. Made them today and they're gorgeous, seriously recommend.

Used [http://www.jamieshomecookingskills.com/recipe.php?title=chocolate-brownies this brownie recipe as a starting point], but:
- used half dark chocolate and half Green & Black's Maya Gold chocolate to make up the 200 grams required
- used muscovado sugar and dissolved it into the chocolate or butter, rather than mixing it in with the flour, to make a fudgier brownie;
- only used 200g sugar, because of the sweetness of the mincemeat being added;
- only used 60g of cocoa, for extra fudginess;
- reduced the amount of nuts (used toasted walnuts only) to 80g, again, because of the nuts and volume being added by the mincemeat;
- stirred about 100g of mincemeat in at the same time the nuts are added - about 3 heaped tablespoons.

Really pleased with them. I knew the general mincemeat flavour would work in brownies, but wasn't sure about sultanas etc. - turns out they are delicious.

MrsBertMacklin Sat 12-Dec-15 15:59:19

Link fail! This recipe as basis for tweaks to make into mince pie version.

winetintedglasses Sat 12-Dec-15 16:10:27

This sounds amazing! I wonder if some alcohol could be added in too grin

MrsBertMacklin Sat 12-Dec-15 16:28:03

In all seriousness, I think more alcohol could be added to the mincemeat, maybe rum or Cointreau?

Then just add an extra tablespoon or so of flour to account for the extra liquid.

Geepee71 Sat 12-Dec-15 17:26:35

Sounds lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now