Talk

Advanced search

Good Grief - DH's Suggestion.

(4 Posts)
Finola1step Sat 12-Dec-15 15:17:33

Christmas plans have been in place for months. The plan is we will travel down to his side next weekend. We will also see my DM and DSis as they are coming for a visit for from the 21-23rd for DD's birthday. Christmas day itself will be at BIL and SILs. DH and I will then do Boxing Day spread at his Dad's.

Panto booked, restaurants booked. All sorted. Plan is Christmas 2016 will be at ours.

So can you guess what DH has suggested? "We could go a couple of days later, stay a couple of nights with Dad and then drive back on Christmas Eve and have Christmas Day at home. We could then drive back down to Dad's on Boxing Day".

Admittedly, his Dad and Brother are only 90mins away. But I am left wondering.... Is DH on glue?

Bejeena Sat 12-Dec-15 15:51:50

I dunno but I would jump at the chance if my husband suggested we spend Christmas at home instead of at the inlaws.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sat 12-Dec-15 15:57:40

Crumbling in the face of the imminent merrymaking. Does he under-estimate how much foresight has gone into all this? Maybe he's just tired and thinks he's being helpful. All the extra driving would actually be more effort! Reassure him it's all in hand, plenty of time to relax. Once he get into the swing of it he'll buck up.

Finola1step Sat 12-Dec-15 16:03:37

He does have form for this, the poor love. For example, we will have plans all sorted for the day to go to X place. He will then last minute suggest going to place Y or Z.

My SIL and I had the Xmas plans sorted for months. DH, BIL and FIL were fully consulted and on board. DH just doesn't like possibly missing out. Wants to still be spontaneous.

I just stared at him. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now