Talk

Advanced search

How to wrap gift cards?

(11 Posts)
RingDownRingUp Sat 12-Dec-15 13:02:13

Looked on Pinterest but the ideas are a little OTT.

I'm giving gift cards to a couple of people and wanted to make them look a bit more interesting than sticking in a Christmas card envelope or just wrapping in normal paper.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sat 12-Dec-15 13:03:28

Shoe box?

My parents once wrapped some lovely jewelry for me in an empty jaffa cake package

RingDownRingUp Sat 12-Dec-15 13:06:08

Should have added that they are thank you gifts for people who have helped with something - can't say too much as it would totally out me - so it can't be too jokey or extravagant looking as I don't think their wives would appreciate it! Thoughtful but not too thoughtful, if that makes any sense at all.

ChristmasEvePJs Sat 12-Dec-15 13:10:00

I have put the gift cards I am giving in £1 bokes from wilko with a handful of chocolate coins. Look lovely but simple.

InQuiteAChristmasPickle Sat 12-Dec-15 13:19:36

I gave money to my nephew last year but I put it in a tub and wrapped it.

Once Mil gave us money and wrapped it pass the parcel style. It started of huge and got smaller and smaller and took ages to unwrap grin.

InQuiteAChristmasPickle Sat 12-Dec-15 13:23:18

I would maybe wrap the envelope and tie nice present ribbon round it so that you can sort of tell what it is but it looks nice and festive.

FireInTheDisco Sat 12-Dec-15 13:47:45

Shoe box or big jar full of Celebrations/Quality Street or similar, with the gift card hidden within.

Natkingcole9 Sat 12-Dec-15 15:46:35

Dunnes stores have really cute gift card boxes, that's if you have a dunnes where you are smile

RingDownRingUp Sat 12-Dec-15 15:54:04

Added complication - sorry to drip feed - it can't involve sweets. One of the recipients is diabetic.

RingDownRingUp Sat 12-Dec-15 15:59:16

Going to use the box of sweets idea for teenage nieces and nephews who have asked for money though, so thank you for that.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sat 12-Dec-15 16:18:30

Be careful they don't regift the chocs though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now