Talk

Advanced search

Presents for brother and brother in law?

(10 Posts)
paperdreams94 Sat 12-Dec-15 09:41:44

What are you buying for your brothers and brother in laws? They're the only two I have left to buy for and I'm struggling!

Brother is 26, BIL 30. DB is quite quirky, not immature as such but still loves cartoons, Harry Potter, lego etc - last year I got him a set of extra hot hot sauces in potion bottles which went down well. He loves reading, alcohol, pointless trivia/facts and films. BIL is harder to buy for, the only thing I can think of that he likes is Arsenal! I usually buy a joint present for him and my sister (did tickets for the Shard last year) but I've already bought hers and so am looking for separate presents this year.

Any ideas? Much appreciated smile

Allgunsblazing Sat 12-Dec-15 09:56:44

My brother likes to cook, so I am giving him lots of ingredients that can't easily be found in supermarkets iykwim.
My BIL is his brother's problem ;)

Mamastinks Sat 12-Dec-15 09:57:26

I'm having the same problems with my brother still likes Star Wars and Harry potter etc but can also afford to buy anything he might want so there's not much left for us to get him. Have settled this year on a Star Wars biscuit tin, a big foodie hamper and a yoda Star Wars sky remote. Not really sure how these will go down to be honest lol.

PurpleAlerts Sat 12-Dec-15 10:10:33

Look at Firebox Loads of ideas!

PennyHasNoSurname Sat 12-Dec-15 10:12:26

How much to spend?

Cards Against Humanity game (not PC at all!!!! so know your audience)

dreamingofsun Sat 12-Dec-15 10:18:22

i've bought my son's girlfriend a cocktail book and several different bottles of mixers and alcohol. put it all in a box as a sort of coctail kit

Betrayedbutsurvived Sat 12-Dec-15 16:12:53

I bought BIL a framed newspaper article about him winning the golf open. You can get them for virtually anything

www.ijustloveit.co.uk/newspaper-spoof-gifts/?gclid=CJ261P3a1skCFRFmGwod2moMOQ

SquadGoals Sun 13-Dec-15 11:47:37

DB is 24 (in a few days) so have to buy birthday and Christmas. Nandos has just opened in his town a few months back, so I've got him a giftcard plus couple of Nandos food gifts.

For Christmas, he's got a pair of Calvin Klein lounge pants as he is constantly wearing PJs or trackies round the house.

DBIL is getting a 1L bottle of vodka as that's what he will appreciate grin

Carpaccio Sun 13-Dec-15 14:16:18

My brother (not from the UK) asked for Marmite.
It is quite expensive where he is and he has never tried it, so I'm making him a Marmite hamper: Marmite crisps, Marmite flatbreads, Marmite nuts, Marmite rice cakes, normal Marmite, summer of love Marmite and Vegemite.

I hope he likes Marmite...

Casablanca78 Sun 13-Dec-15 18:49:19

Thanks for the cards against humanity tip - perfect for my BIL. Someone else told me about this but I'd forgotten, has fab reviews! Just ordered (£17.95 and free delivery from Quantic Gaming).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now