Talk

Advanced search

Secret santa for 12 and 14 year old?

(11 Posts)
pillowaddict Fri 11-Dec-15 22:44:39

We're doing a secret santa for all the adults at a family lunch in a couple of weeks, and I said I'd bring something wee for the children (up to £5, but preferably just a couple of quid). I'm really struggling with ideas for my cousins, who are 12 and 14 year old boys. I was thinking sweets but as everyone else will be getting something else too didn't want to be too boring. Any suggestions??

DancingDuck Sat 12-Dec-15 13:45:59

DSs had secret santa at school. They are 13. By far the most popular present was chocolate - either a yard of Jaffa cakes, a tub of Celebrations or giant bars of Cadburys.

Poundstore do things like keyrings with torches on; Thinsulate gloves and beanie hats; giant toblerones, Lynx body spray. Would they be welcome?

pillowaddict Sat 12-Dec-15 20:11:25

That's a good idea - I'll probably get them a big bar of chocolate each and then something wee and random from the poundshop so that it's not 'just' sweets. Thanks - I've got two small girls so boys that age are not my area of expertise at all!!

clearsommespace Sun 13-Dec-15 14:47:56

Nerf gun ammunition ( can never have too much)
Lego mixels

DancingDuck Sun 13-Dec-15 15:12:26

Boots have Lynx 'Dark temptations' chocolate scented deo spray on offer at only £2 at the moment. It is the cool one to wear at school at the moment (I suspect it attracts girls with its chocolatey smell.)

multivac Sun 13-Dec-15 15:15:11

Tesco has some interesting tat for £2-£5 at the moment (puzzles/quiz cards etc)

Makemineacabsauv Sun 13-Dec-15 22:37:22

Debenhams has some boy friendly tat - ds and dn had lots of fun with the 'napkins' - napkins that look like dodgy pants when you put them on your lap. They're 12 and 13. Think they were £4 and were a bit different.

pillowaddict Mon 14-Dec-15 20:11:03

aha, I have a star wars nerf gun and a star wars slinky - so them with chocolate seems like a winner! Also may look for those napkins too, as likely to make the whole table laugh (we can be immature as a family!!) Thanks all

Enkopkaffetak Mon 14-Dec-15 20:49:49

Don't do the Neff thing many familes will have a ban on Neff not easy to know how people feel on that issue.

enderwoman Tue 15-Dec-15 11:14:18

People who are uneasy with Nerf usually have infant school age or younger kids. It would be extremely unusual for secondary school age boys to be banned from owning a Nerf gun.

Badders123 Tue 15-Dec-15 11:17:30

At a that age Nerf will be a massive hit, do it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now