Talk

Advanced search

leatherman tools

(5 Posts)
LalaDipsey Fri 11-Dec-15 18:01:49

anyone know about these? I think DSis would love one - think either Wingman @£40 Amazon or Juice XE6 @£80 Amazon so a huge price difference.
Without being too boring.. Benefits of more expensive one is that it has an extra small screwdriver and she wears glasses so good for mending those. Plus a corkscrew and an awl (had to look that one up - for putting holes in leather belts etc). Thinking corkscrew always handy! Has 3 knives - straight edge, serrated edge and saw!
Wingman doesn't have a corkscrew (boo hiss!) but it does have a package opener for all those Amazon boxes and it is half the price. It also has a ruler and a combi-knife with a straight and serrated edge.
Any help gratefully received. I tend to believe you get what you pay for but am trying to work out pros and cons and the more expensive one would be a huge purchase for me and be a joint bday pressie for her too. Thanks

Kuriusoranj Fri 11-Dec-15 23:41:52

My brother got one for my husband about 7 years ago and it gets used a couple of times a week at least. I'd guess it's the Wingman or its then equivalent. Greatest present ever. Either one to be honest - we use the screwdriver and the knife bits most.

LalaDipsey Sat 12-Dec-15 07:56:44

Thanks smile gosh I'm so indecisive! I guess double the price is a lot for. Corkscrew, mini screwdriver and extra knives but it's tempting... Mainly because it looks like a tool for life so why not have one with everything?? Aahggh

BikeRunSki Sat 12-Dec-15 08:12:03

You do get what you pay for, but the quality of the Wingman witll be just as good as that of the Juice, but it just has fewer tools. If the tiny screw driver is the only thing that might be beneficial, then I wouldn't spend the extra on the Juice. I wear glasses and probably don't need to tighten them any more than once a year.

Leathermen (?) are great. They are my default "significant" birthday present for the boys and men I know. I get them engraved with their name from Facewest
who do them with free engraving by website order in a couple of days.

I have DNeph one for his 18th. He's now an electronics engineer and says he uses it about once an hour!

BikeRunSki Sat 12-Dec-15 08:13:26

Actually,issued the corkscrew bit. Get one with a corkscrew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now