Talk

Advanced search

Any cheap romantic nights away?

(11 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Fri 11-Dec-15 16:34:33

Hi all. My DH cant seem to tell me anything he wants for Xmas. He is shattered by work at the moment and I know he would love a night away somewhere not far from us in London. Does anyone know of a very peaceful B and B/cottage somewhere lovely that wouldnt cost more than £150? Thank you

80sWaistcoat Fri 11-Dec-15 16:37:14

Have a look at East Dene - in East Sussex. Some b&bs and cottages and a lovely pub with accommodation.

Or something in Rye...

happsymum Fri 11-Dec-15 16:58:18

It's not in England but Ryanair have flights from £9 each way atm. My DP and I are going Sweden next week. £70 including accommodation on a boat refurbished into a hotel- I'm so excited! X

Craftycakey15 Fri 11-Dec-15 18:32:57

Happysmum - Oh I just saw on Ryanair and am obsessed with going to Scandinavia - love all the dramas on TV. We only have one night though and my husband is too tired to even get on a plane I think. I will look at East Dene.

Makemineacabsauv Fri 11-Dec-15 20:51:40

You could book in with that posh couple on gogglebox! Or even just stay in London - a night away is a night away. Could you not stretch to 2 nights away and go to Sweden, it sounds fab?!

Craftycakey15 Sat 12-Dec-15 00:09:18

Haha love the Salutation but it's very pricey. I am looking for a peaceful cottage or bnb in the countryside near London if anyone knows one.

caroldecker Sat 12-Dec-15 00:27:33

How about this

happsymum Sat 12-Dec-15 00:57:50

we're only going for one night - both do shift work at a hospital so its last minute short stays usually. Have you checked out places on airbnb, some can be pricey but just set your price limits and should find somewhere lovely, some very unusual places you wouldnt necessary find on lastminute.com etc. we've used them a few times abroad and not had any issues.

MyHovercraftIsFullOfEels Sat 12-Dec-15 01:29:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Craftycakey15 Sun 13-Dec-15 19:05:32

I would like to go on an Airbnb trip next time I go away. The Star looks lovely and just what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

Davros Sun 13-Dec-15 21:36:27

Hilton hotels can be surprisingly nice with swimming pools at some and they often have good deals

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now