Talk

Advanced search

Another Secret Santa one...

(8 Posts)
SnuffSanta Fri 11-Dec-15 15:39:52

Sorry for yet another Secret Santa one but I have £10 to get a present for unidentified team member (they all just get picked out of a hat). There's men and women, ages 30-60, I'm new and don't know anyone very well and have no bloody idea what to get. Didn't really want to just resort to wine or chocs. Any ideas? Book? Mug? Or are they naff?? All gift websites only seem to suggest 'novelty gifts' which is not really the vibe in my office. Any suggestions much appreciated.

spad Fri 11-Dec-15 15:47:19

A heavily reduced bottle of wine with a couple of lottery tickets stuck to it.

zipzap Fri 11-Dec-15 17:22:24

How about a bottle of port and some nice savoury nibbles to go with it, or some dessert wine aimed at christmas pudding with a single person christmas pudding to go with it?

I know it's still sort of a bottle but it's at least not 'just' a bottle.

Or maybe make a hot chocolate kit - nice xmas mug, some nice hot chocolate powder, pack of mini marshmallows, mini brandy to put in it, all in a nice little box?

Nice unisex warm woolly scarf from m&s - and get a gift receipt and put it in with it

Good quality little folding umbrella

Reusable shopping bags

PunkAssMoFo Fri 11-Dec-15 17:48:23

Cheeseboard or cheese knives:
www.tesco.com/direct/richardson-sheffield-4-piece-cheese-knives-multi-colour/254-5948.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=254-5948

Amazon voucher

Wine glasses

panettone

rudolphistheboss Fri 11-Dec-15 17:51:39

Anti stress adult colouring book, pack of colouring pencils and a box of hot chocolate sachets?

missmargot Fri 11-Dec-15 17:55:43

A gift voucher for 2/3 months Graze box subscription?

Makemineacabsauv Fri 11-Dec-15 20:52:41

The co- op are selling a boxed bottle of chateau need du pape for £10 at the moment.

SnuffSanta Sat 12-Dec-15 09:36:24

Thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone is a lot more imaginative than me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now