Talk

Advanced search

Alarm clock for dd

(10 Posts)
Dancergirl Fri 11-Dec-15 15:23:40

Dd is 12.5, Year 8 and dh is stlll waking her up for school each morning hmm

Older dd is now pretty good in the mornings, she has a clock radio.

Really need to get dd an alarm clock and thought now would be a good time to get her a nice one.

Any ideas? Clock radio or normal alarm clock? I've seen a talking clock from Smiggle, does anyone have one?

enderwoman Fri 11-Dec-15 22:01:33

My kids use phone alarms -- totally not in the Christmas spirit--

Dancergirl Fri 11-Dec-15 22:51:58

Phones not allowed in bedrooms here.

butteredbarmbrack Fri 11-Dec-15 23:12:35

My daughter had one of the smiggle ones - very sweet present from a friend from primary when they were off to different schools. The alarm sound was her friend shouting "you've gotta get up, you'll be late for school!" She loved it - but have to say it packed in after about a month.

Now looking at alternatives for her sister to give as a Christmas present. She's definitely keen on a snooze function, so that'll be a must.

SavoyCabbage Fri 11-Dec-15 23:17:18

Smiggle stuff isn't really good quality.

Dancergirl Fri 11-Dec-15 23:25:59

Actually looking at smiggle stuff again online maybe it's aimed at younger children.

So where else can I look?

RubberDicky Fri 11-Dec-15 23:42:44

I've always fancied one of those ones that gradually brightens up to mimic dawn. Biobrite maybe? No idea if they're any good though - anyone?

ThomasRichard Sat 12-Dec-15 00:06:27

I've got a sunrise alarm clock, which works but was megabucks (£130 if I hadn't got it on an Amazon flash deal). There are some cool novelty ones that she might like:

- runaway alarm clock

- jumping/flashing/vibrating/sounding alarm clock

- flying alarm clock

- lasergun alarm clock

Stokey Sat 12-Dec-15 09:05:57

I just bought a lumie sunrise one for DH - it's £55 from John Lewis with p&P, similar from Amazon, It gets good reviews but may not be much fun for a pre-teen!

Dancergirl Sun 13-Dec-15 14:18:08

Hmm, don't think she'd go for a novelty one but maybe something with nice lights etc....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now