Talk

Advanced search

Meals around Christmas?

(8 Posts)
StDogolphin Fri 11-Dec-15 14:53:48

Planning my shopping and feeling a bit uninspired about what to make in the days before and after Christmas up to New Year. What can I plan?

Eminybob Fri 11-Dec-15 15:03:23

We are going out on Boxing Day but they day after we will have our Christmas ham. Going to go the nigella one in Coke.

At some point will probably have a pie made with leftover turkey and ham plus some leeks.

That's about all I have planned so far.

StDogolphin Sun 13-Dec-15 19:38:31

We are going to have a curry night. Apart from that I am not sure.

WutheringTights Mon 14-Dec-15 08:55:03

We have special food on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, but after that we go back to normal meals, albeit they tend to be the more veg-based ones. What with all the leftovers, chocolate and mince pies, we generally can't face much more than a few veg.

EvaJacobs1 Mon 14-Dec-15 09:09:02

Hi, I'm also contemplating some easy quick meals for in between Christmas and new year. Christmas Eve we tend to have what the kids really want which tends to be pizza, wedges, garlic bread etc. Christmas Day the usual Turkey and trimmings and Boxing Day we go to my dh's parents for the day and they feed us until we literally can't move. So come the 27th we always want some something light but apart from sandwiches/wraps/soup/ham egg and chips etc I'm struggling to think of what else I can whip up.

StDogolphin Mon 14-Dec-15 10:26:42

Have decided on pulled pork in toasted buns for one meal, doesnt look too tricky. Crackers and cheese too.

princessconsuelabannahammock Mon 14-Dec-15 10:39:39

We have cold meats and salad with bread and cheeses.

A Thai curry, pizza night and some homemade chinese dishes. Lots of soup - this year i have made and frozen a bacon and tomato and butternut squash and nut butter soup.

After all the rich xmas food i like some zingy food.

We tend to have 3 days of rich food and then the rest of xmas season we have lighter stuff.

Musidora Mon 14-Dec-15 13:56:14

My favourite meals to have between Christmas and NYE are:

- winter vegetable soup
- vegetable curry
- spag bol (with quorn mince)

Warming but not heavy. All quick and easy and can be frozen in advance if necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now