Talk

Advanced search

Minecraft merchandise?

(14 Posts)
snowypenguin Thu 10-Dec-15 18:27:18

What have you got or bought for Christmas that is worth the money? I am not doing any Lego sets as we are swimming in the stuff (not mine craft sets) already that's not played with that much.

There seems to be a lot but mainly soft toys.

CakeNinja Thu 10-Dec-15 18:35:59

Probably none of it in adult terms of it being 'worth it' but the dds have had various books, clothing, Lego sets, games and they really like everything, but dd2 got a load of paper craft for her birthday and her and dd1 have played it for ages, just building the cubes and figures and making buildings out it it. They've both got another set in their stockings! Anything to distract them from their tablets grin

Notthecarwashagain Thu 10-Dec-15 18:39:10

I've no idea if it'll be another 'shove in the cupboard' thing, but I've bought DS the minecraft stop-motion movie creator.
Hoping he'll like it!

TheoriginalLEM Thu 10-Dec-15 18:44:19

We got DD a really nice "ender dragon" but it was £25 shock

What is the movie creator?

snowypenguin Thu 10-Dec-15 18:47:46

Paper craft might be good. Will take a look.

Notthecarwashagain Thu 10-Dec-15 18:52:30

This is it LEM www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/action-figures-playsets/c-362/minecraft/p-13275/minecraft-stop-motion-movie-creator-animation-studio/

It comes with props and figures so you can make little films with it.
DS did something similar at school recently and really liked it, so I thought with the added bonus of it being Minecraft, it'd be perfect for him smile

mrsdavegrohl Thu 10-Dec-15 20:41:08

I bought some small plastic figures from Argos that come in themed sets.
They are £15 a pack but I bought on the 3 for 2.
I also bought a set of six little minecraft figures from ebay. I don't want any more soft toys in the house!

revealall Thu 10-Dec-15 20:53:53

Brought a TNT cushion for the chair he sits for hours at the computer. DS loves it.

Finnellajoe Thu 10-Dec-15 20:56:33

Can I ask where the Ender dragon came from? I could only find Chinese ones which I'm not sure about and too late now any way.

happsymum Fri 11-Dec-15 18:22:26

notthecarwashagain you may be a cause for another twitch, that movie creator looks something dd would love - now to convince DP she NEEDS it he has more self control

TheoriginalLEM Fri 11-Dec-15 18:28:24

we got it from a secondhand geektastic computer game shop. to be fair ive not seen them since.

The animation studio looks great although i think dd has enough presents now so maybe for her bday. have recommended to a friend for her ds. thanks

Shakey15000 Fri 11-Dec-15 18:28:48

Is that xbox Minecraft story thing any good? Not quite sure what it does but DS wants it. Already bought him his presents but he can get it with any cash presents.

coolpatterngirl Fri 11-Dec-15 19:11:07

These hoodies are really nice, took about a week to arrive:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0161GNCUQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1449860957&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=eat+sleep+mine+hoodie&dpPl=1&dpID=4157Y6GdIgL&ref=plSrch

ineedaholidaynow Fri 11-Dec-15 19:22:09

I was wondering about the Minecraft movie creator. DS got some Minecraft figures in his advent calendar but I think they might be too big to use with the movie creator. They were the Core Animal Mob pack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now