Talk

Advanced search

Christmas crafts

(6 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Thu 10-Dec-15 16:06:51

Anyone got any good ideas for Christmas crafts I can make with my 8 year old daughter. I'm thinking more along the lines of decorations than food. Preferably relatively inexpensive and we would like to give them as presents.

littlewoollypervert Thu 10-Dec-15 16:09:23

Make cold porcelain (like salt dough but finer - cornflour, baby oil, lemon juice - google the ingredients) decorations - cut them out with pastry cutters, put a hole in them for the ribbon with a straw, paint them?

You could also roll out the 'pastry' in between two pieces of old lace, evergreen branches from the garden, or other textured stuff to give it a pattern.

MTWTFSS Thu 10-Dec-15 18:01:35

Orange Pomanders?

ohtheholidays Fri 11-Dec-15 01:53:30

Paper chains www.notonthehighstreet.com/gingerray/product/vintage-christmas-paper-chain-decorations?force_locale=en-GB&gclid=CMrgkLvY0skCFcE_Gwod5loO5w

I bought some for the first time 2 years ago and all 5DC wanted to make them,they're really easy as well and they got to hang them up in they're bedrooms.

DD12 reminded me this week that I've forgotten to buy any this year.I've seen them in hobbycraft and the poundshops before as well.

We've also just started making snow flakes(the one's like we were taught to make when we were at school)the girls have fallen in love with them this year.I'm thinking they're bedrooms could end up looking like santas grotto.

SpaghettiMeatballs Fri 11-Dec-15 06:10:31

We've enjoyed covering Hobbrcraft mâché decorations with tissue paper and glitter using watered down PVA painted over the top. They are £1 each:

www.hobbycraft.co.uk/mache-star-decoration-8-cm/568548-1000

shouldwestayorshouldwego Fri 11-Dec-15 06:36:30

Tassel angels are really easy to make and just need wool and something for the wings, or you can make them more flashy if you want to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now