Talk

Advanced search

Present suggestions for 2 year old?

(15 Posts)
IncidentalAnarchist Thu 10-Dec-15 12:29:47

Hi

Our son has recently turned 2 and we are just stumped as to what to get him for Xmas. We've got some books and some duplo; he just had his bday so has had pyjamas and toys etc. Any ideas?!?

EnoughAlreadyNow Thu 10-Dec-15 12:35:57

My two year old (turned 2 in August), will be getting: the IKEA play kitchen with pots/pans/utensils/playfood, Peppa Pig Aqua Doodle, Peppa Pig game set, PlayDoh utensil set and a massive set of PlayDoh. Oh, and a novelty monster hat from Smyths.

Stocking is assorted plastic things from Amazon : LED sensory ball, bath flutes, Moon and Stars ceiling stickers, bath crayons, Peppa Pig plastic crayons, Peppa Pig toothbrush set, Peppa Pig cutlery set, JoJo Maman Christmas bunny, Lindt chocolate reindeer and a tube of MilkyWay buttons.

EnoughAlreadyNow Thu 10-Dec-15 12:36:38

He is VERY into Peppa Pig currently.

Artandco Thu 10-Dec-15 12:39:39

Just books and duplo sound fine tbh for a 2 year old.

Otherwise if you want extra, our best investment has been the haba wooden marble run or brio train set. Both you can buy in various sizes and add pieces and accessories over the years as they grow. Both have been played with here since 18 months approx, first with help to build and now primary school age they still love. And being wood it lasts and doesn't make loud noise when marbles or trains used on compared to plastic versions.

unlimiteddilutingjuice Thu 10-Dec-15 12:41:07

When DS was 2 he used to like:
Play food, plates etc..
Fireman Sam merch
Cars and garage
ELC rocket
Big cuddly dinosaur

Freezingwinter Thu 10-Dec-15 12:41:33

What about something from the happyland range in mothercare? They do a nice rocket, fire station etc.

HoggleHoggle Thu 10-Dec-15 12:49:07

Ds will also be 2 in a couple of weeks so spread over birthday and Christmas he has stuff like:
Track for train set
Play till
Baking set
Doctors kit
Farm set
Books
Crayons
Play cars

IncidentalAnarchist Thu 10-Dec-15 12:52:13

Wow some fab suggestions here thank you. We were debating a toy kitchen - or even a toy chest to put all his toys in!! He's a peppa fan too; am trying to encourage him to diversify! I don't want to go barmy with loads of presents, not to be tight, I just genuinely don't see the point in spending loads and loads of money on toys when he's going to get loads from family too. Would rather make ours personalised but still fun for him iyswim

Artandco Thu 10-Dec-15 13:00:50

A good tip with toys is always look an longevity in general. So yes a peppa pig car and figures might be fun now but will it be used 1-2 years down the line. Maybe a compromise is a nice play car of similar size but in metal or wood so it will last years, and then just a few peppa figures. Then as the years go on the car can be used with peppa, then duplo figures, play mobile people, etc. As even at 7/8 years they won't find main car ' babyish'

If you get a play cooker, look at adding some things you can use later in regular home kitchen. Like a small cupcake tray that's actually oven proof, or mini whisk that can be used later etc. plates can be from a picnic set so you can actually use in summer outside also.

All means you can make investments more knowing stuff can be used for years and years, not just until they outgrow playing. Saves clutter also!

IncidentalAnarchist Thu 10-Dec-15 18:54:41

Good tips Art; I don't buy him all the peppa and Thomas stuff but friends and family do!! I was debating going down the playmobil route as seems like there's a lot of fun options there

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Thu 10-Dec-15 18:56:31

My just 2 year old is getting the IKEA play kitchen, a micro scooter and some happyland.

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Thu 10-Dec-15 19:38:23

We've bought train table and trains, melissa and Doug farm, dressing up box, box of dinosaurs, cutty up food for his kitchen, diggers and a tractor and trailer. Then books, bath toys, tractor ted things

WhirlwindHugs Thu 10-Dec-15 19:40:43

Our 2yo is getting some dinosaur playmobil and some little toy suitcases.

All my kids adore duplo - I'm sure that will go down well.

FixItUpChappie Fri 11-Dec-15 17:54:04

toy kitchen was the best thing I ever bought my boys - is still used by our 5 yr old

Our 2.10 yr old is getting

-A Flip and Tip Fred Garbage truck
-A Playmobil Bus
-A vintage Fischer price cash register
-A Nici Wonderful bath doll
-A Spinyos set with accessories
-A toddler Penguin backpack
-Play food baking set (learning resources)
-a nice stuffed animal (puppy)

missmargot Fri 11-Dec-15 20:24:41

DS is very nearly two and has the following for his birthday and Christmas:

- Play kitchen
- Brio compatible train set
- Wooden garage
- Books
- Fishing game bath toy
- Melissa and Doug doorbell house
- Duplo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now