Talk

Advanced search

Help! What are your 5-6yo girls getting?

(10 Posts)
BeStrongAndCourageous Thu 10-Dec-15 09:25:02

I need a present for my little cousin. I don't see her often enough to know what she's into, although my impression is she's quite a mature five.

I've got her some books but I'd like something else to go with it. Please give me some ideas!

MistyMeena Thu 10-Dec-15 09:37:14

How about Lego? My 6 year old loves it, they do more 'girly' sets if that's what floats her boat!

twobambinos Thu 10-Dec-15 09:39:05

Art bits? Paint your own horse, paint your own jewellery box frame vase etc all from smyths less than 10 euro.

Barbie/ my little pony equestria girls/bratz

Palace pets.

GastonsChestHair Thu 10-Dec-15 09:40:26

You don't say whether you have a budget, Op?

I just got my 7 year old a sew cool studio thing. It's safe, no needles etc and comes with little projects they can do. It's normally £35 but I just got it from Asda for £25.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Thu 10-Dec-15 09:41:11

What's the budget? My dd is 6, she loves anything crafty. Lego Friends is a favourite too.

BeStrongAndCourageous Thu 10-Dec-15 09:48:16

Agh, yes, sorry. I've spent about £20 on books, so maybe want another £10-15 gift as well.

Lego's a good idea. It's made more complicated by the fact her mum has fairly militant views on what's appropriate or not for girls, so it's a bit of a potential minefield.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! smile

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Thu 10-Dec-15 09:52:46

You cant go wrong with a board game at that age ime.

ImNotChangingMyUsernameAgain Thu 10-Dec-15 09:54:24

My DD loved getting Frozen Monopoly from a cousin.

BeStrongAndCourageous Thu 10-Dec-15 09:59:07

I've gone for "classic" Lego. Can't believe I forgot about Lego!

Thanks all santa

onemouseplace Thu 10-Dec-15 10:08:28

DD(6)'s best present by far for her birthday was a diary with a padlock and key.

There are voice-operated ones around as well, but they might be a bit more expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now