Talk

Advanced search

Lights - coloured or white?!

(12 Posts)
squicketysquack Tue 08-Dec-15 21:30:36

For as long as I've been an adult my tree lights have always been white..but this year I fancy going a bit retro and having proper old school multi coloured fairy lights in the style of my mum's tree circa 1979. Anyone else going for coloured ones? Thoughts?

MotiSen Tue 08-Dec-15 22:41:27

Sounds like a nice change of pace. I always do multi-colored - it's festive. But, now that you mention it, might be fun to do something more staid with white lights this year, just to mix it up.

DragonsCanHop Tue 08-Dec-15 22:47:25

Mine are blue and flashing twinkling <runs away>

MotiSen Wed 09-Dec-15 00:27:37

Oh! I like the running ones. Those are fun, especially outside.

LadyMaryofDownt0n Wed 09-Dec-15 00:31:16

Always white here. "Stay Classy" fgrin

CrikeyChrisThatsCrazy Wed 09-Dec-15 00:33:25

White! The warm white ones rather than the cold, blue/white ones.

PantsOfGold Wed 09-Dec-15 09:36:35

I love multi-coloured retro bling! I have been collecting multi-coloured sparkly decorations for years. In my head, I have a picture of one of those old fashioned trees that I used to draw when I was little and then smother with blobs of glitter. I think I have nailed it! If you can see branches, then you're doing something wrong.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Wed 09-Dec-15 10:08:00

We've never done white, I much prefer coloured, I think they are much more festive.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 09-Dec-15 16:11:26

Mine are white and won't be changing but thats only because they are on a prelit artificial tree and I fucking hate putting the lights on and off the tree, hence the prelit one. I always have them on the sparkling flashing setting.

I do like coloured lights but have to make do with random coloured baubles instead. It does look nice when it is all done though.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Wed 09-Dec-15 16:17:02

Coloured. I went retro a couple of years ago and they are just gorgeous. So warming.

dementedpixie Wed 09-Dec-15 16:18:07

There is a thread about this already. I have coloured ones

dementedpixie Wed 09-Dec-15 16:29:53

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/Christmas/2523568-Quick-Poll-White-or-Multi-Coloured-Tree-Lights? - the other one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now