Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cooking present for 11 year old

(9 Posts)
magpieC Tue 08-Dec-15 13:19:29

I'm looking for a present for my friend's 11 year old daughter who's getting quite into cooking. She's got a nice cake stand/slice but something along those lines would be great. Or a good recipe book with simple but nice things. Or other things that she could use in cooking/serving but which aren't too boring/grown up...

Any suggestions?

OldBeanbagz Tue 08-Dec-15 13:22:35

How about this so she can start her own recipe collection?

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 08-Dec-15 13:24:24

Sam Sterns books are great and you could get a lovely recipe book stand too

loveulotslikejellytots Tue 08-Dec-15 13:28:30

How about an apron? My friend also bought me a brilliant mason cash mixing bowl. Can be picked up relatively cheap at places like the range. She also bought me a nice silicone spatula and pastry brush set. Have used all three so much!

If it's more cooking than baking she's into how about a set of spices and a good curry cookbook? So she's got her own rack (totally dependent on space in their kitchen obviously).

bruffin Tue 08-Dec-15 13:30:38

this is a lovely cook book for teens learning to cook

PurpleTreeFrog Tue 08-Dec-15 13:35:34

Okay, I know this seems overly girly, but this is actually a lovely book:

www.amazon.co.uk/Cookbook-Girls-Cookery-Dorling-Kindersley/dp/1405332611

Yeah the title is "gendered" but the recipes and photos are so lovely and quite simple and they're just normal meals, not all pink and girly. There's a bit of everything from baking, to homemade burgers, and drinks too. I'm 25 and I love it, but it is very much aimed at 11 year olds!

Leeds2 Tue 08-Dec-15 13:36:53

Qwerkity sell traditional chef's white hats and aprons that you can have embroidered with a name.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Tue 08-Dec-15 13:38:52

DD just had a proper icing set with lots of tips.
DD3 has a lovely apron.
There are 3D chocolate pens which DD has asked for, but ive not looked into.

magpieC Tue 08-Dec-15 23:46:25

Oooh I love the chocolate pen but it's basically sold out (or overpriced on Amazon/EBay).

Thanks for the book suggestions - some good ideas in there - and I like the spice rack idea too.

Definitely some food for thought (if you'll pardon the pun!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now