Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help - pirate costume for 4 year old?

(8 Posts)
Hannah1984567 Tue 08-Dec-15 07:46:08

Please can someone help? I need to source a pirate costume to be posted, and arrive, before Christmas. It's for a four year old boy and I'm not that keen on swords etc., just something that is of decent quality (so it won't go up in flames at the drop of a hat) and obviously piratey. It's to go with the playmobile pirate ship he has already, if that helps. I'd also like to find a really good pirate adventure book for a (very, very) bright four year old but I'm drawing a blank. I was not really into pirates growing up and bookshop staff haven't been really helpful.

Total spend is probably about £30. Next stop is probably eBay but I'm worried about quality if I can't inspect it before I buy. Does anyone know of anything that might be suitable please?

Hannah1984567 Tue 08-Dec-15 07:46:48

PS, I should say my back up plan is to make him one but I'd like to be spared that fate as I haven't done sewing in years!

JassyRadlett Tue 08-Dec-15 08:19:01

Melissa and Doug do a great pirate costume - good quality and long lasting. The hat is somehow indestructible. It does come with a foam sword but you could easily remove that. It's currently £15 on Amazon.

The Pirates Next Door is one DS loves. Will try to think of others!

bunique Tue 08-Dec-15 10:04:06

I was about to recommend the same one ^

boobybum Tue 08-Dec-15 10:14:19

'The Pirate Cruncher' is a current bedtime favourite here. It's a sing song rhyming book so we always read it in our best pirate voices!

snowgirl1 Tue 08-Dec-15 18:21:12

Marks & Spencer's do a pirate costume here

SometimesItRains Tue 08-Dec-15 18:23:06

Another vote for the Melissa and Doug costume. Ours has been played with for three years and it still looks good. I agree that the hat is indestructible.

JassyRadlett Tue 08-Dec-15 20:09:03

How? What magic material have they used to make that hat survive preschoolers? And why aren't we using it in civil engineering?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now