Talk

Advanced search

'Adornments' for adding to wrapped presents

(14 Posts)
clarabellap Mon 07-Dec-15 13:25:39

I am looking for some ideas of what I can add to my presents when wrapping them to make them look extra special.
Maybe little wooden figures or small glass baubles etc - any other different ideas welcome and also where I could buy them from.
I haven't decided on my paper yet this year but might just go for brown kraft paper and will be using ribbon or colourful twine.
If anyone has any pics of what they have used that's even better! fsmile

LizzieMacQueen Mon 07-Dec-15 13:29:03

A bit of holly.

Mini pretzels.

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Mon 07-Dec-15 13:36:58

Red and gold mini baubles- 16 for £1 poundland tied on with real red ribbon
Wooden decorations from garden centres or the range

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Mon 07-Dec-15 13:37:37

Or tie on red and white candy canes.

clarabellap Mon 07-Dec-15 13:43:28

I like the candy cane idea for the children's presents. I will have a little look for cheap wooden Dec's for adults.
Holly is lovely but I did that last year so can't get away with it again this year fgrin

OvO Mon 07-Dec-15 13:45:05

Jingle bells. I bought a fast amount from eBay and still have a gazillion. There's plain silver or gold or multicoloured.

OvO Mon 07-Dec-15 13:45:22

*vast

Gliblet Mon 07-Dec-15 13:52:37

I bought sleighbells (a box of 72 from Paperchase, on a whim), miniature star, tree and reindeer tree decs from The Works, and matching/complimentary ribbon.

MIL is very into embellishments on pressies and has used cinnamon sticks, star anise, dried orange slices, flower arranging bits like fake berry sprays or silk holly, miniature baubles (not all on the same gift I hasten to add grin )

CakeNinja Mon 07-Dec-15 20:37:55

I bought little brightly coloured jingly bells last year from a crazy shop called Tiger, then threaded them on to ribbon And tied up round the presents. They looked lovely.

Look on Pinterest, it's full of ideas smile

clarabellap Mon 07-Dec-15 21:57:25

Thanks for the ideas! I like the bell idea a few have mentioned. Never heard of Tiger - hoping it is online, off to have a look now!

lighteningirl Mon 07-Dec-15 22:01:32

I made pom poms with some spare red sparkly wool and this year the £1 shop has packs of glittery white Blass I am trying to think how to use

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 07-Dec-15 22:18:16

Ooh bells is a good idea because you can hear if someone takes a sneaky peek fgrin

I use a chocolate tree decoration or a Candy Cane

This year , I bought some little wooden card toppers from The Range that I might put on the hall mirror (IIRC they;re angels)

clarabellap Tue 08-Dec-15 12:53:26

Oh, my girls love making pom poms, I could get them to do all the hard work!

attheendoftheday Tue 08-Dec-15 14:39:28

I've used a little bit of pine branch before or a cinnamon stick. Am doing candy canes and bells this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now