Talk

Advanced search

Help me with list suggestions!

(11 Posts)
CakeNinja Mon 07-Dec-15 12:37:05

I am starting my Christmas shopping and would like to get majority done online.
I need to find the following...
Green over the ear headphones (those bulky ones)
a tool shed that's really tiny (?!)
an electric Spiderman toothbrush (probably Amazon but haven't looked yet)
A cushion to fill the cover I bought without realising it was just a cover hmm
a novelty usb stick
an animal onesie with feet
A book for an 18m girl
Something for a 13yo boy

I would be grateful for absolutely any suggestions! I am sorted for all the other bits on my enormous list but these are the tatty odds and ends. And I still need to do stockings for the Dc but that's the best bit, so no trouble there.

Holstein Mon 07-Dec-15 12:43:05

Spiderman electric toothbrush- sainsburys and waitrose have them if its easier than online.
Book for 18mo-
Peepo
Each peach pear plum
Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers
Maisy's Christmas Eve by Lucy Cousins
One Snowy Night by Nick Butterworth

I think Next have tiny toolsheds, but extortionate cost for size. A garden centre or B&Q probably a better bet.

Artandco Mon 07-Dec-15 12:45:18

I think you could order virtually all of that from john Lewis online

LauraChant Mon 07-Dec-15 12:45:53

I bought this for my niece a few Christmases ago and she has really liked it - Maisy collection from the Book People (they have 15 per cent off at the moment I think) www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?productId=218621&catalogId=10051

I am also buying for 13 year old boys and have gone for a lightning lamp from Argos www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3917949.htm and a set of Alex Rider books, also from the Book People.

CakeNinja Mon 07-Dec-15 12:59:11

Ahh, the tool shed that's really tiny is a Father Christmas request from 4yo ds!
He has a Bosch workbench thing, toolboxes, tool belts, thousands of tools but he asked for a toolshed that's really tiny grin

JL online may be the way to go.

I will look in sainsburys this afternoon for the toothbrush, thanks for the suggestion.

The Lightning lamp is a possibility, although I suspect it has rather limited entertainment value? I'm inclined to go more along the book route actually, I know he's into reading.

Holstein, it's for my niece, she's a younger sibling and they already have tonnes of books, I'm going to probably visit a book shop and have a look. Doesn't have to be a book necessarily, I've planned to get her some bath toys, pjs and dressing gown, so something around the tenner mark to finish her off.

Thanks for all your helpful advice, I'm going to work a little more on my list and then make a start with the ordering!

Artandco Mon 07-Dec-15 13:13:55

Tiny tool shed - can you buy a small wooden bedside table with door? Could get a cheap one from Argos etc and paint up maybe if you want to? Like 'x's' tool shed stencilled onto the front?

LaughingHyena Mon 07-Dec-15 13:49:19

[[ www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJ-Headphones-Headset-Earphones-Over-Ear-Stereo-iPhone-iPad-iPod-MP3-DVD-CD-/400862142553?hash=item5d553ee059:g:4dcAAOSwDlxU3Gwt Green Headphones]] Haven't tried them out yet as they are a present, but seem OK quality wise and postage was quick.

Amazon have loads of animal onesies, not sure how many have feet. Would matching socks/slippers work?

CakeNinja Mon 07-Dec-15 16:18:57

Thanks for the headphones link, the ones I was going to get sold out on Black Friday in the colour my goddaughter wanted, they were urbanears in minty green. She had given me some other suggestions aswell but I'd really like to get these for her!

CakeNinja Mon 07-Dec-15 16:19:40

Oh god, the tool shed idea is brilliant but I don't have an artistic streak in my body fshock

Goldenhandshake Tue 08-Dec-15 10:58:44

For the 'tool shed' would this work:

www.amazon.co.uk/Childrens-Pop-Up-Designed-Construction/dp/B00NSVUO36/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1449572301&sr=8-13&keywords=boys+play+tent

CakeNinja Tue 08-Dec-15 12:57:39

I would love to be positive about that link but we have had about 3 of those type of pop up tents and in reality they are just flimsy and too small for actually playing in fsad
But thankyou so mug for looking.
Bought the teenage boy a couple of sets of nanoblocks this morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now