Talk

Advanced search

Wrapping ideas - Lego

(4 Posts)
KissingFish Mon 07-Dec-15 08:24:14

My wife has been wanting the Lego Fairground Mixer set for ages but it's £120 so totally out of our price range (We're saving for IVF in January) I have been making Christmas Eve boxes and selling them to raise money to buy it. I just bought it yesterday, it came with a free Gingerbread House build too, which I'm going to give her on Christmas Eve.

I'm trying to think of a way to wrap it so she doesn't know what it is as soon as she picks up the box and it makes that Lego sound.

Thoughts I've had are to open the box and wrap each little bag in smaller packages. I considered making origami boxes to put them in if I have time. I also thought maybe putting them in packages that look like other things? Like a shoe or bottle?

Any ideas?

KissingFish Mon 07-Dec-15 18:43:22

Anyone? sad

Waltons Mon 07-Dec-15 18:51:11

Cut the box open very carefully with a craft knife, or similar, and stuff it with whatever paper you can afford that looks pretty - plain Christmas wrapping paper would probably be cheapest. You could fill the stuffing paper with newspaper to bulk it out cheaply.

CakeNinja Mon 07-Dec-15 19:02:57

No idea but how thoughtful and lovely of you!
Lego is bloody jingly, maybe you could pop open the individual packets with a pin, squeeze the air out and then tape them up, and then stuff the box with loads of shredded paper so it's totally packed out and none of the little packets can move? Tape them all together tightly too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now