Talk

Advanced search

Presents for 6 month old

(15 Posts)
Botot Sun 06-Dec-15 19:55:16

Hi everyone, our baby will be 5 months old at Christmas and lots of relatives are asking what they should buy her. Does anyone have any good recommendations for what their LO's loved at this age or what was really useful? A baby walker perhaps? Would love to know some things which would be good for her development and keep her interested. Thanks in advance!

comeagainforbigfudge Sun 06-Dec-15 20:00:21

Mine will be 6 months just before Xmas.

I've suggested bath toys, shape sorter type thingy, stacking rings, cd player (for all the nursery rhymes cds she has confused), building blocks.

Will probably end up with a gazillion bath toys!!

Anyway, hth

cravingcake Sun 06-Dec-15 20:03:12

Books are always a nice suggestion for family/friends.
Cutlery, weaning bowls, drink bottle/cup, bibs, next size clothes, swimsuit (can get really cheap this time of year if you hunt around). Baby really won't know but is nice to have some bits to open.

Toys - stacking ups, bath toys, Sophie giraffe or other teething toy, hide & squeak eggs are all good.

cravingcake Sun 06-Dec-15 20:04:14

Stacking cups

trilbydoll Sun 06-Dec-15 20:07:37

DD2 is getting some kind of rolling pull along thing to encourage her to crawl, some Happyland to grow into and some noisy things.

We've already got from DD1 a walker and a rocking ladybird. And loads of books!

That's not my... books, Bizzy Bear and Maisy were DD1's favourite books.

MrsMillions Sun 06-Dec-15 20:11:55

DD1 was 6 months just after her first Xmas. She had a fair bit of weaning kit as stocking fillers. Bath toys are still in use 2 years on although will be replaced this year as looking a bit manky. Books were great as were clothes in next size.

Around that time she also got an activity cube (similar to this triangle ink{http://www.elc.co.uk/Activity-Triangle/130770,default,pd.html#q=Triangle\www.elc.co.uk/Activity-Triangle/130770,default,pd.html#q=Triangl]]e} and others elsewhere) that whilst she's stopped playing with by the time her first birthday came around, she played with loads during just those few months.

villainousbroodmare Sun 06-Dec-15 20:15:00

The two nicest books we have at the moment are Cave Baby and Tyrannosaurus Drip.

justtheonethen Sun 06-Dec-15 20:21:11

Just bought my nephew a rainforest jumperoo (cheap on eBay) and he adores it.

missmargot Sun 06-Dec-15 20:30:51

At that age or a little older DS loved his Jumperoo, Fisher Price stacking cubes that doubled as a shape sorter and the 'That's Not My' book series. Bath toys are another good bet.

BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 07-Dec-15 11:49:44

DS will turn 7 months on Christmas day. We've got him: a gilet, a V-Tech Activity Cube (we already have the ELC activity triangle above, it's his fave!), a book, some soft blocks. My mum is getting him a walker (one of the trolley type ones with blocks in).

Stocking stuff:
pram book
Sophie La Giraffe First Words book
2x maracas
Mini tambourine
Wooden worm thing which twists around
Might put in some blueberry rice cakes, which he is obsessed with
To pad out his stocking (it's MASSIVE), I might put in toys he already has.

All the good toys are 1+, it's really annoying but I guess they just don't need anything awesome until then :D

DNiece is 3 weeks older than DS and we've got her bath toys and a wooden puzzle (1 year +)

PeachFuzzzz Mon 07-Dec-15 11:55:38

My ds will be 5 months at xmas and I still have all sisters baby toys. He is getting a plug-in night light, a floor mat to put under the bouncer, a silly xmas outfit. Got him finger puppets, but the plan there is that dd will use them to entertain him. I wouldn't bother but she needs to see that Santa hasn't left the baby out. Otherwise he will get clothes and if she has way more I will wrap a box of nappies to pad it out!

Botot Mon 07-Dec-15 12:47:38

Thank you so much everyone! Great ideas!! Sounds like stacking cups, bath toys and a jumperoo are on the list! Happy Christmas!! X

BlueChampagne Mon 07-Dec-15 13:16:13

You could also ask for the next couple of sizes of clothes, and toys that she will grow into.

zoobaby Mon 07-Dec-15 13:20:20

Soft balls and foam cubes. Stuff she can "chase" around, or can fall on top of her as she gets more mobile.

missmargot Mon 07-Dec-15 21:30:49

I've just remembered DS's absolute favourite at that age- a foil space blanket like marathon runners use. Very cheap in pound shops or on eBay and brilliant for sensory play.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now