Talk

Advanced search

Christmas madness well and truly has it's hold over me.

(24 Posts)
imwithspud Sun 06-Dec-15 19:37:28

I don't know what's come over me this year, I'm obsessed with Christmas and I am so excited for the big day and the days that follow. I want everything to be absolutely perfect, might have something to do with compensating for the completely shit year I've had this year. But it's on my mind constantly and it's driving me mad that we still have 3 weeks to go.

Anyway, I've got my DP an awesome surprise present for Christmas, as far as I know he has no idea but I'm really paranoid that he will guess before the big day! It's wrapped and hidden so he shouldn't, and I've given nothing away. I'd be gutted if he somehow found out before the big day, I really want it to be a complete surprise! I sound nuts I know.

Anyone else been hit with Christmas madness yet? I was even considering buying Christmas themed scatter cushions for the sofa and napkins for Christmas dinner the other day confused

Star2015 Sun 06-Dec-15 20:21:14

I've bought Christmas cushions and our house looks like a grotto but I don't feel like I have the 'spirit' quite yet.... Hopefully it will come.

What have you bought your DH?

two2 Sun 06-Dec-15 20:39:10

My Christmas spirit well and truly kicked in on Friday with 3 weeks to go to the day and Christmassy weekend plans. Also really want to know what you have got your dp!?

imwithspud Sun 06-Dec-15 20:41:10

My dp would probably think I'd lost the plot if I came home with Christmas cushions, but I am tempted, even if I just get some tasteful ones with pictures of Robin's on them or something...

A PS4, we were planning on getting one after Christmas and putting what ever money we get gifted towards it, but I got it at a bargain price (£212 with two games) on black friday!

two2 Sun 06-Dec-15 20:51:30

spud the Christmas cushions in tesco were only £4 and they looked really nice, plus if you use them every year the sooner you buy them the better value they end up being!

Bet your so excited about him opening it, I love when you know you've got a great gift for someone

MizK Sun 06-Dec-15 20:54:03

Oh my god thank you for this thread...my DC have been mocking me for my Christmas cushions and general Christmas obsession... I just keep buying more decs each year and I love it. Basically I want my house to look like the McAllisters in Home Alone (pre burglars). Just embrace the madness

MizK Sun 06-Dec-15 20:55:47

As you can see I've even put lights into kilner jars this year. It's troubling my DP.

randomcatname Sun 06-Dec-15 21:03:21

I too would love to succumb to a christmas cushion but my dp would .... well, I don't even want to think what his reaction would be. He has no idea how much I have to contain myself. fsmile

imwithspud Sun 06-Dec-15 21:19:21

Ridiculously excited two! I've also got a couple of corkers for other people which I can't wait to give them. Giving gifts is definitely the highlight of Christmas this year, just wish I didn't have to wait so damn long to give them!

MizK Those lights look beautiful, I'm jealous. I would also love my house to look like the McAllister's house in Home Alone, we watched the first one yesterday as it happens.

I've just sat next to DP on the sofa chanting "Christmasss Christmasss Christmasss" over and over again. He already thinks I'm barmy fblush I think I'm just excited to have something to look forward to for a change. DD1 is now at an age where she understands what's going on too which I'm super excited about too.

imwithspud Sun 06-Dec-15 21:20:22

*super excited about that, not 'too'

imwithspud Sun 06-Dec-15 21:20:58

Oh ignore my correction, I can't even read my own posts properly through the excitement ffs.

Star2015 Mon 07-Dec-15 06:43:56

I bought from cushions from Next, they have some lovely ones they were £14 each so good value as someone else said I will use them every year now fsmile

DorothyBastard Mon 07-Dec-15 07:21:51

God I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread, have added Christmas cushions to my list now! Can we have pictures of all your festive cushions please? fsmile

BaBaBaBoomBoom Mon 07-Dec-15 07:30:38

Ok, this is the place I need to be! You guys love Christmas, and this year I want to love it too! We've got a great tree, looks awesome, but bar a few bits of tinsel thrown over pictures I'm not sure what else to do?! How do you decorate to make it feel amazingly Christmassy?!

Trumpton Mon 07-Dec-15 08:19:04

Winter fleece and cushions from a few years ago and my fabric haul to make aprons and cushions for last year.

I love the cats and dogs with Christmas bows especially as they look like a random pattern until you look properly .

ArriettyMatilda Mon 07-Dec-15 09:08:41

I have the Christmas bug too! Tree went up yesterday, which is extra early for us. I'm about three quarters done with Christmas shopping and most spare moments are spent researching presents. I've already made mince pies. I'm so excited to make them again, plus fudge, put together a gingerbread house and do my Christmas themed puzzle. I've borrowed and requested Christmas themed books from the library.

Dd is almost two and is getting swept up into the excitement. We have two advent calendars each. She can now say Christmas, reindeer, Christmas tree, snowman, mince pie and bauble! And point out father Christmas if we see pictures of him. I'm hoping this means she won't burst into tears when we go to see him this year. I'm also planning to to make cards with her.

I've got an excited feeling just writing all that down blushgrin

imwithspud Mon 07-Dec-15 09:15:44

Those cushions are gorgeous Trumpton I'm tempted to get some I really am!

Another sleep closer! Does anyone else get that deflated feeling when it's all over? I always feel kind of sad about it, especially when January rolls around and everything's back to normal. Fortunately for us Christmas will be dragged out over the course of a few days, we're having Christmas Day at home - duck for Xmas dinner. Then over to my dnans on Boxing Day with the rest of the family (15 of us crammed into her living room should be fungrin), she's doing a pork roast, then the day after that we're going up to the pil for more presents and a turkey dinner. At least it won't feel like it's all over after one day anyway.

jamtartandcustard Mon 07-Dec-15 12:33:41

Crazily excited here too. I've not slept the last two nights as I've been so excited! Hope that doesn't continue for the next 18 sleeps!!!!!
We always arrange our panto visit for after Xmas to extend the celebration and then come January we get thrown in birthday season. Dd and ds2 are January and then it's dh and mine wedding anniversary and ds1's birthday in February at which point the days get longer and Easter is just around the corner.

Heavenscent86 Mon 07-Dec-15 16:34:57

I want some Christmas cushions but my sofa is patchwork so I think they'd look ridiculous. This year I bought a small glass Christmas tree with tiny Disney baubles on when we went to Disneyland Paris last week and a couple of new tree decorations. Oh and some tea light holders grin Next year I want Christmas bedding I think. I love getting into the Christmas spirit.

randomcatname Mon 07-Dec-15 18:38:00

I don't think looking ridiculous should be a major concern at this time of year, Heavenscent fwink

imwithspud Mon 07-Dec-15 19:37:24

Another two presents arrived in the post today and I'm so excited to wrap them!

I've also got 3 presents for dp to wrap which I'm going to do tomorrow whilst dd1 is at pre school and dd2 is napping. It's the only chance I get to wrap his stuff and I don't want to risk dd1 seeing them and then telling him what they are.

I'm excited about wrapping, what ever nextgrin

Star2015 Mon 07-Dec-15 21:40:35

I'm not sure how to add photos, but here are links -

2 X Robin cushions (actually only £12 so a MUST have!!)

www.next.co.uk/g943226s4#359786

Stag cushions (again £12, sorry I thought they were £14)

www.next.co.uk/g41726s7#762462

And to finish off...red knitted one to match our wool throw

www.next.co.uk/g413744s2#657261

Heavenscent86 Mon 07-Dec-15 21:58:35

Haha maybe I'll get my Christmas cushions then random fgrin

Trumpton Fri 11-Dec-15 12:49:22

My sun room. Wallpapered yesterday. Just need to get the snowy trees made ( branches stuck into plant pots and painted ) and the garlands up. Oh and make the icicles from cut up plastic bottles !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now