Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

gifts for nursery staff?

(8 Posts)
TodmordensDog Sun 06-Dec-15 19:02:06

Should I be buying gifts for nursery teachers? It's genuinely only just occurred to me! Only thing is that I'm not even sure how many there are as DS is in 1-2 age class so there's always thousands of adults and always different ones. Maybe I could take say a tub of chocs? But I know they'll get loads. Argh thought I had a few years before I needed to do this!

Rinceoir Sun 06-Dec-15 21:25:42

I've been thinking about this too. Think I'll give DD's keyworker an Amazon voucher and maybe a costa card for the toddler room so they can all have a cup of coffee. But am very definitely open to suggestions.

Kennington Sun 06-Dec-15 21:28:55

I got a few beauty bits for her key worker and then a small soap for the rest. Some of them know my child incredibly well and I am sorry I cannot get more but there are so many staff and I don't want to show favouritism!

eckythumpenallthat Sun 06-Dec-15 22:04:55

We normally get room staff a box of biscuits/chocolates to share the. We buy a gift for DD key worker. Just a token. Last year she chose a mug this year we've got a glass jar of jelly belly jelly beans

PresidentUnderwood Sun 06-Dec-15 22:14:08

I buy 10-15 small bath bombs from Lush - they individually wrap each one and pop in a large gift bag with a thanks to all staff.m <pinched idea off another mn'etter>

At DS's nursery the whole teams seems to pitch in so it only seems fair

lucymootoo Sun 06-Dec-15 22:55:18

I'm doing it for 3 staff this year- a small gift bag containing chocs (probably whatever's festive looking and on offer eg after eights, matchmakers, small bag thorntons) £1, lush bathbomb £3 and a Yankee votive candle £1.50.

Then for the staff room I am going to hand in a bag with tea bags, coffee, coffee sachets (flavoured lattes), hot chocholate and a couple of packs of biscuits/crackers. Will probably cost about £8-£10 smile xx

mammmamia Mon 07-Dec-15 00:45:54

I got mini hand creams one year for the room staff and a bigger gift for the key worker

ChristmasZombie Mon 07-Dec-15 08:59:05

I'm sending in a box of chocolate orange segsations (with a very long use by date!) for the staff to share. DD has decorated a wooden tree ornament for her key worker. She's had the same key worker for two years now and she's very attached to her, I'm tempted to get her a little something else as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now