Talk

Advanced search

WTF is inside the Lego Advent Calendar?

(20 Posts)
cakedup Sun 06-Dec-15 11:01:15

We have the LEGO Star Wars 75097: Advent Calendar which I believe is the 2016 version.

I can't find anywhere online that describes what the actual pieces. And it's not always obvious.

Today for example - it looks like some kind of weapon holder but what's that green stalky thing? And what's that square thing with the horns from the other day?

reni2 Sun 06-Dec-15 13:01:38

It's the 2015 version. Here is somebody updating daily:

Lego Calendar

mrsdavegrohl Sun 06-Dec-15 13:02:52

Lego city and friends calender here. The instructions are on the back of the door flap. I use instructions loosely as its just a pic of the pieces with sone arrows.
We've just used the pictures on the box to work out what things are.
Tbh, i'm not very impressed and glad it was mil who bought them and not me!

YesterdayOnceMore Sun 06-Dec-15 13:03:47

My boys say the square thing with horns is a trap. They don't know what today's is though!

reni2 Sun 06-Dec-15 13:11:02

It's a Sarlacc Pit.

Lilybensmum1 Sun 06-Dec-15 13:12:50

My poor DS has given up opening his! I wished I had got him something else.

reni2 Sun 06-Dec-15 13:12:54

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarlacc

reni2 Sun 06-Dec-15 13:15:14

The lego Star Wars calendar is advertised as 6-14. I think it is more appropriate for 9-adult, mainly for people who have watched all the movies, it's not much fun for 6yo whose only Star Wars experience is running around wearing a Darth Vader mask at a kids party.

SymphonyofShadows Sun 06-Dec-15 13:18:08

Day 6 is the weapons rack. I've been quite impressed so far though. Days 1&2 join together so you got Jabba's Cruiser hovering over the Sarlaac pit, then the next 3 days were all related to each other: a LIN Droid, Jawa and the Sandcrawler which are all from Ep 4, where Luke's uncle buys R2-D2 and C3PO.

wonkylegs Sun 06-Dec-15 13:18:24

I think they are a bit more obscure this year but DH & DS don't seem to be phased and look at me like I'm an idiot for not knowing what they are.

reni2 Sun 06-Dec-15 13:22:07

I think it is really fabulous and figuring out what it is is part of the fun.

It's no good for really young children though. There is only ever one Darth Vader or Yoda and that's all really small kids want from Star Wars IME. A bit like a dark Mickey Mouse.

cakedup Sun 06-Dec-15 22:31:30

Great link, thanks reni2. DS (10) is a fan of all things Star Wars except for the actual movies. He got into Star Wars through Lego and Angry Birds and his love of light sabers, but when he eventually sat down to watch the movies he was so disappointed.

reni2 Sun 06-Dec-15 22:34:26

Got the link from mumsnet- where else grin

We're all hooked. Unless they start making Dr Who calendars the Star Wars one will be what they'll want for the next 40 years foreseeable future.

r3dh3d Mon 07-Dec-15 10:32:04

We are on our fourth Lego SW advent calendar. It's a lot easier once you get your head around the fact that they have absolutely no respect for scale whatsoever so you may get 2 related things on consecutive days and one is supposed to be about 30m tall and the other is a 1m tall figure who would generally ride inside it and the second is bigger than the first. Jawa, bot and sandcrawler from this year, for instance.

r3dh3d Mon 07-Dec-15 10:33:42

Apparently the Sarlacc was obvious, because DD2 (9) got it straight off. hmm

reni2 Mon 07-Dec-15 11:17:40

We are only on our second SW advent calendar. Is there always a Darth Vader Santa in the last door like last year?

QwertyBird Mon 07-Dec-15 11:23:21

DS has the lego city advent calendar, and he loves it. He can't wait to open it each day. He has all but forgotten the one with chocolate in it!

ilovetosleep Mon 07-Dec-15 12:48:53

DS1 is only 4.5 and he is obsessed by his star wars lego advent calendar. He's never seen the films but has a load of star wars lego and couldn't give a crap if he doesn't know what the things are - but he knows their proper names because we have told him and he is zooming around the house with them basically all being spaceships or droids. And they're either bad guys or good guys. This bit is very important to him! Helps that he has star wars fans for father and uncle and a family full of star wars knowledge. Makes me slightly sad that he'll have 'done' star wars by the time hes a more appropriate age though.

reni2 Mon 07-Dec-15 12:53:01

Oh but he won't have "done" it. We had the same, Star Wars long before the right age (Dr Who, too). It will be so lovely to finally share the whole lot for your dh and the uncle.

SymphonyofShadows Mon 07-Dec-15 13:20:56

reni2 it's always a Santa figure but a different one. IIRC the first year was Yoda, then Darth Maul, Django Fett then Vader last year. This year's figure is on the box

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now