Talk

Advanced search

homemade Christmas card

(7 Posts)
MadauntofA Sun 06-Dec-15 07:59:39

Any ideas for making a homemade card with a 7yr old - she wants to make one for a relative who is quite religious, so would appreciate a nativity scene card rather than a Christmas tree type card. Other than drawing directly onto the card, any creative ideas??

Trills Sun 06-Dec-15 14:07:46

My mum used to keep cards from the last year so we could cut them up and do sticking - but obviously that's a bit tricky without a time machine!

Frankiecatmoscow Sun 06-Dec-15 15:36:31

Baker Ross do lovely Christmas card kits lots of nativity sets etc. very easy to use and very reasonably priced. Fast delivery as well if I remember correctly.

surpriseitsme Sun 06-Dec-15 16:13:44

I've cross stitched a few this year. First time I've ever tried making my own cards it's very satisfying!

insan1tyscartching Sun 06-Dec-15 18:18:34

What about like this? You could combine all the individual cards on one scene I would imagine.

PurpleTreeFrog Sun 06-Dec-15 18:22:48

Draw a nativity stable on the card, then draw or print off the little animals, people etc on a separate piece of card and cut them out. Use sticky "dots" or little bits of padded double sided tape to stick them onto the nativity scene, making a kind of raised/3D effect.

MadauntofA Sun 06-Dec-15 18:43:21

Thanks for the ideas - I love the finger print ones and may do some stuck out backgrounds as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now