Talk

Advanced search

What dessert will keep for a week? Or can be frozen complete?

(11 Posts)
msrisotto Sat 05-Dec-15 21:46:41

Hello fsmile

I am helping a family member who is hosting Christmas day - but I won't be there on the day. It would be helpful to make a dessert for them but I will only see them about a week before Christmas to give it to them.

I don't know what would keep that long. Perhaps make a cheesecake for them to freeze? I've never made a cheesecake before but would give it a go!
Any ideas???

Sgtmajormummy Sat 05-Dec-15 21:50:20

Chocolate salame (broken biscuits in boozy eggy cocoa and butter) is easy to make and freeze until the morning it's needed. Popular, too.

Ughnotagain Sat 05-Dec-15 21:50:43

Could you do a semifreddo? It's meant to be frozen. And delicious. You can fancy it up depending on the ingredients smile

Sgtmajormummy Sat 05-Dec-15 21:55:01

link chocolate salami

JumpandScore Sat 05-Dec-15 21:59:47

Christmas pud or Christmas cake! There's a reason these things became traditional grin

ishouldcocoa Sat 05-Dec-15 22:00:29

Try googling frozen Eton mess. It's lush.

Allalonenow Sat 05-Dec-15 22:05:37

Christmas pudding icecream, easy for them to serve up on the day.

steppemum Sat 05-Dec-15 22:17:11

my mum makes a frozen raspberry thing. It is raspberries, whipped cream and sugar, then frozen. You take it out 1 hour before eating so it it soft but not totally defrosted. Really refreshing after all the heavy food.

msrisotto Sat 05-Dec-15 22:31:30

I looked at a semifreddo. It's a good choice but thought maybe a little cold for the time of year?

The chocolate salame is a new one to me! Looks a bit like a boozier version of tiffin which always goes down well so yeah maybe. Have you made it before? Is it straight forward?

Ughnotagain Sat 05-Dec-15 22:43:47

That chocolate salame looks amazing 😳

Re semifreddo - I come from the kind of family that serves Viennetta on Boxing Day, there's no such thing as too cold for me grin

Sgtmajormummy Sun 06-Dec-15 00:31:00

It's the easiest thing ever. I make it with Rich Tea biscuits and double rum! Sliced thinly of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now