Talk

Advanced search

Heelys

(5 Posts)
Pannalash Fri 04-Dec-15 11:39:26

Advice much appreciated as I know nothing about them. My DC have put them on the Christmas list.

Do you recommend 1 or 2 wheels for beginners, and do you order a bigger size than they would have in shoes?

Are there any bargains out there, I can't seem to spot any offers so if anyone has seen any, or can recommend a good place to get them from I would be grateful.

Many thanks.

chrisrobin Fri 04-Dec-15 11:59:06

My DS has recently had a pair, 2 wheels are supposed to be better for beginners. It took a couple of days of practice in the kitchen before he had mastered it enough to go outside on them. The youtube Heelys videos are quite good for helping them learn the technique. He is a shoe size 13.5 so we got size 2, which are a little big but he can walk and 'heels' well in them, they will also last him a bit longer.

We got them second hand from eBay but they have some non-branded ones in sports direct for £30.

Pannalash Fri 04-Dec-15 12:53:25

Thanks Chrisrobin

DidIMissSomething Fri 04-Dec-15 13:01:49

I've just bought the non-branded ones from sports direct and they look fine - DD borrowed a friends a while back and they seem to do the job. Unlike Heelys though they are fairly true to size.

Pannalash Sat 05-Dec-15 10:31:11

Thanks Didimiss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now