Talk

Advanced search

Gift for someone interested in fashion

(8 Posts)
TheBriscoesLady Thu 03-Dec-15 22:52:07

Can anyone help? Am looking to spend up to £100 on my SIL (or 2 x £50 as we need to buy a birthday and Xmas gift) who is interested in fashion, makes her own clothes etc. She is very stylish, and very talented. Also very wealthy, so will have probably purchased anything and everything she needs.

Last year, we got her a hardback Vogue book (can't recall which one now) and I know my MIL is getting her some fashion books this year, so don't want to risk a double up.

Is anyone a fashion and design student, or know one? What would you/they like?

TIA!

LimitedSedition Thu 03-Dec-15 22:54:01

A pack of vintage dress patterns? Like the 50s type ones for evening dresses and jackets.

Becstarlenski Thu 03-Dec-15 23:10:02

Fashionary is a nice thing, it's a diary crossed with a sketch book and loved by designers, nice sketch pens, the v and a museum have a good online shop with lots of things to choose from.
How old is she ?

TheBriscoesLady Thu 03-Dec-15 23:10:18

Oooh, thanks Limited, I'll look into that

Pantsalive Thu 03-Dec-15 23:11:26

A magazine subscription?

PerspicaciaTick Thu 03-Dec-15 23:13:44

Could you get her some beautiful bespoke labels to sew in her clothes? From somewhere like this.

TheBriscoesLady Thu 03-Dec-15 23:14:20

Thanks Becstarlensky I'll take a look at that too. She's early 40s, gorgeous figure, and very elegant and stylish (if I didn't love her, I'd hate her!)

TheBriscoesLady Thu 03-Dec-15 23:17:41

Gah, I'm such a slow typer. She has created her own labels Perspicacia but that would have been ideal. A magazine sub would be great too.

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas, this is really helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now