Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stressing out over DS10 Christmas present i really need help

(13 Posts)
Vintagebeads Thu 03-Dec-15 09:38:30

My DS10 has four things he asked for FIFA,and three books!
I don't know what to get him,he has an Xbox,kindle and goal in the garden.
My mum is getting him a ball and goal keeper gloves,my sister Man unt jersey
Has anyone any ideas for him?He loves sport,especially football.He loves reading and he is a young ten.
The other issue is his birthday is New years day,I actually can't think of a thing,and am starting to panic!

TheHouseOnTheLane Thu 03-Dec-15 11:02:52

I bet he'd enjoy a lava lamp for his room....other gadgety things can be found on Amazon. What about a not too expensive microscope or telescope?

Floralnomad Thu 03-Dec-15 11:07:33

Are there any DVDs he would like - old comedy series perhaps , a colour changing shower head , a nice watch .

Boutonneux Thu 03-Dec-15 11:07:40

Gaming chair?
Tickets for a tour of Old Trafford?

namechangingagainagain Thu 03-Dec-15 11:09:16

DS is 11 but he will be getting ( not all from me I add!):
star wars books and some malorie blacknman novels
some new headphones
new shin pads and boots ( needs this anyway)
an xbox online playing voucher thingy ( to play fifa with his friends)
lynx smellies
lots of chocolate
plus a lap-tab to do his homework on.

in the past we've bought match tickets and trips to see plays ( he liked/ likes micheal morpurgo). Good luck..... its far easier buying for his 2 yr old brother!

Vintagebeads Thu 03-Dec-15 11:15:52

Thank you all so much for some great ideas,I feel calmer already!
I think its the birthday Christmas double whammy. Keep them coming,I love the lava lamp,head phones and online fifa,

weechops Thu 03-Dec-15 11:29:21

How about the Frank Lampard football books. They're suited to age ten I think. Does he collect Match Attax cards? Could get album/packs. Or the mini figures? Board games? Good luck deciding! My dd is 9 and she's high maintenance grin

SanityClause Thu 03-Dec-15 11:36:32

I have this, a bit, as DS (11) has his birthday in early February.

He also has a tablet, an Xbox, a phone, a DS (an old one, but not used much), a scooter and ramp, a skateboard, and Lego up the wahzoo.

We have got him this.

For his birthday, I think we'll get him Forza and a steering wheel for the Xbox, or maybe upgrade his DS. Panic about tar after Christmas is over!

zipzap Thu 03-Dec-15 12:34:45

If he likes Match Attax then if you go to their site they do personal ones - going to get them for my ds (10 and 7) and the sports mad 10 yr old will be thrilled to see himself on a card.

Also has he got a camera? There are some nice small ones that are quite rugged for £70-£130 (drop proof, splash proof or waterproof) that he could have fun with (my 10 yr old adores his and has moved onto a bigger camera last birthday)

DS also wants a rubiks cube, some mints, drawing stuff and stationery, a phone (there are cheap smartphones available these days - not putting a contract on it though - he can just use wifi and have emergency phone credit on there)

Have a look on the Christmas Bargain threads - currently it's www.mumsnet.com/Talk/Christmas/2518071-Thread-13-Will-this-be-the-thread-I-finish-my-Christmas-shopping-on-well-until-I-twitch? - I've found loads of good ideas and lots of bargains already!

Vintagebeads Thu 03-Dec-15 17:39:38

Thanks again all of you for some brilliant ideas, I have done the match attax card and will look into everything else .There are ideas here I would never have thought of
,flowersfsmile

RideEmCowgirl Sat 05-Dec-15 14:59:27

What book series does he like? My son loves his books - Wimpy kid, Big Nate, Astrosaurs, Slime Squad, Super Diaper Baby, Tom Gates

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sat 05-Dec-15 15:07:25

Look at vinsani for a retro skateboard .. similar to the penny boards - and better than toyshop flimay ones for the same price
Starwars dressing gown - tesco - and onsies
Trip to panto
Bike stuff - helmet lights
Look at Messi football socks - must have apparently!!
A watch
Chocolate
DVD

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sat 05-Dec-15 15:08:11

Does he have a xbox headset to speak to friends?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now