Talk

Advanced search

Paw Patrol Confusion

(16 Posts)
mrsdavegrohl Thu 03-Dec-15 08:04:52

My youngest DD who is nearly 4 has become obsessed with Paw Patrol so I thought i'd get her some toys for Christmas but I'm confused 😕
I would like the full set of small dogs, not stuck in vehicles (can come in cars as long as removable) not too chunky as she will think they are baby toys.
Which figures go with which set? Is the lookout as bad as the reviews say?? Will the same figures fit the lookout and the Paw Patroller?
So many different things online but nothing in actual shops for me to have a good look at.
Think I need a lie down. I actually hate the programme too.

Woodifer Thu 03-Dec-15 08:46:33

For my 4 year old DD went with this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe4e9orwcws

got it from toy r us store, but can't see it on their website at mo.

Marshal is a bit lego-y on his base but comes out of his truck.

I liked that there was a megablox/ lego like element to this toy.

I got a separate rubble in a truck of same size (chase was also available - but unfortunately from my DD's point of view not Skye)

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Thu 03-Dec-15 12:07:54

The vehicles around the £12 mark have the removable figures and are same size as figures with badges about £7 (ive bought these) they are also the same ones in the look out tower and paw patroller and rescue centre.

I actually quite like the programme and very glad I no longer have to watch peppa pig.

5madthings Thu 03-Dec-15 12:13:40

My four year old has the pop out pups with the badges, £6:99 each or you cab get sets of three though I don't think you get the badges with the set.

You may struggle to get them all, rubble, chase and Marshall are easier to find. Sky, rocky, Zuma and the new pup everest are harder to find. Oh and there is also robopup (from in the paw patrolled truck). We have them all now but struggled to find everest.

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Thu 03-Dec-15 14:56:59

how strange 5madthings ive been trying to get the main pups and have seen loads of skye, rubble, everest, robopup and ryder but am struggling to find chase, marshall, rocky and zuma!

mrsdavegrohl Fri 04-Dec-15 07:55:57

Thanks all.
The mega bloc style one is out as the duplo and mega blocks have been outgrown in favour of real lego.
I did see the 3 pack pups and was wondering if they would go with the Paw Patroller?
I was looking at a training centre thing with a tree that I quite liked so may just get figures to suit that.
I've seen 6 packs of pups on ebay but no where else, are these fakes?

mrsdavegrohl Fri 04-Dec-15 07:57:16

I think maybe a mix of figures with badges and a couple in cars would do. Don't think they all need cars

neddle Fri 04-Dec-15 10:20:26

The Action Pups are pretty good. They're not too small or too chunky. They don't have cars, but a tool that comes in and out of their backpack.

You can also get these walking dogs. I've only seen the talking ones in the shops, but would assume they're probably the same size.

And I got this in TEsco for £1-75 two weeks ago.

Ocado have the triple packs of car racers and they often do money off vouchers if you haven't used them before.

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Fri 04-Dec-15 19:20:15

I didnt bother with any of the cars as would cost me a fortune as dd would want all of them to have cars and im sure she would prefer the badge.

if u struggle to find them i just bought the 3 pack of zuma, rocky and chase which has been a nightmare to find on amazon . com they are $14.67 plus $6 postage which i didnt think was too bad considering they are £7 each here anyway! (i selected amazon as a seller to avoid getting any fake ones)

personally i would steer well clear of all ebay and amazon warehouse sellers as there are so many fakes about and they are coming in the packaging aswell. however i read some reviews and they all pretty much fall apart as i considered buying them.

have u also seen the busy book? its a book with a playmat and 12 figures normally around £5. i got one in tkmaxx but also seen them in sainsburys, tesco, asda and whsmiths (bit more in there) my dd's age 3.5 and 7 adore them and are always playing with them, we have loads of different ones so im sure the paw patrol one will go down a treat! it has all 6 dogs, ryder and 5 of the vehicles.

mrsdavegrohl Fri 04-Dec-15 20:08:46

I've ordered the training rescue centre from Argos so will collect that next week.
The game someone suggested looks idential to catch me if you can which i have already bought her.
I have a no more soft toy rule also so can't have any plush ones.
I'm also actively trying to cut down on books as I took 40 (40!) off the bookshelf earlier and its still bursting at the seems.
I suppose that's the problem when shes the youngest of 3, most of the bases are covered!
I think i'll get a 3 pack to go with what I have (unfortunately Ocado do not deliver here so I will try amazon). Her birthday is end January so maybe I can get the Paw Patroller at a reasonable price then.
I quite like the ones at around £12 but can't afford them all and when I asked who her favourite was she said she loved them all :/
I had another look on ebay but I think the things I was looking at are fakes (going by price) they are really convincing!
Thanks for all the help smile

5madthings Fri 04-Dec-15 20:49:34

The paw patrol action pups are supposed to be £6:99 they are the ones that come with the badge and have a pop out bit. My local toys r us had some in yesterday I grabbed two for a friend skye and rocky. They had loads of rubbles.

Online ie eBay and Amazon they are going for crazy prices. Supermarkets often have them, sainsburys did this week.

mrsdavegrohl Fri 04-Dec-15 20:53:42

Thanks, i'll need to go to a bigger supermarket all ours are metro size and have nothing! Can't even buy an aubergine

howtodrawpawpatrol Mon 31-Jul-17 05:17:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

frid Mon 31-Jul-17 14:23:14

Sainsbury's has some stuffed dogs, reduced, I'm on my way there now so I'll report back

frid Mon 31-Jul-17 14:48:57

The Sainsbury's range. The stuffed dogs are £7.50 down from 10 and the squishy mashem dogs are £2.25 down from £3

frid Mon 31-Jul-17 14:59:52

Oh it's a zombie thread, well I hope that information will help any Paw Patrol mad people in 2017

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now